There can be only one... Highlander reboot!
Highlander tells the story of immortal warriors competing against each other, only defeatable by beheading. Scotsman Conner MacLeod has to deal with the negative aspect of being an immortal head on: seemingly killed ...read more
Highlander tells the story of immortal warriors competing against each other, only defeatable by beheading. Scotsman Conner MacLeod has to deal with the negative aspect of being an immortal head on: seemingly killed in battle, he reawakens from the dead to find himself outcast from his community as some sort of demon. From now on, his life will consist of fight after fight for the chance to win ‘The Prize’- a true mortal life.
In Russell Mulcahy's 1986 film, French actor Christopher Lambert played MacLeod, with legendary Scotsman Sean Connery co-starring as his mentor, the Spanish nobleman Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez. Highlander has since achieved a sort of cult following and was succeeded by four sequels and a TV spin-off, none of which were successful.
Ryan Reynolds was initially attached to play the titular role, but dropped out for unnamed reasons.
Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, the director of zombie thriller 28 Weeks Later, was attached to helm the project but has since dropped out. It is believed that he and the studio - Summit Entertainment - could not agree on a treatment for the remake.
Directed byCedric Nicolas-Troyan
- BraveWhile the Scots vote for their Independence, why don't we vote for our favourite Scottish movie!By
- Guardians of the GalaxyWrestling at the Movies: Top 5 WWE Superstar Movie CameosBy
- HighlanderThe Aging Gene in Sci FiBy
- OpinionImmortal Sexy TimesBy
- Top 55 Awesome Movie EntrancesBy
- HighlanderThere Can Be Only... Two? (Why Highlander actually DESERVES a reboot.)By
- Fantasy MoviesMy List of Actors for Consideration in Casting the Highlander RebootBy
- Contributors"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE"- Director for the New HighlanderBy
- ContributorsHighlander Remake Has A DirectorBy
- ContributorsHighlander: Is a reboot really nescesary?By