The CW is about to intertwine Arrow, The Flash, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl's storylines in an incredibly ambitious four-night crossover event, "Heroes vs Aliens." We might be sitting around enjoying all that awesomeness, but there's a lot of work going into making everything happen #behindthescenes. Here are 13 times #TheCW's #supes gave us a sneak pick of behind-the-scenes moments on their Instagram accounts, revealing some really cool things about the making of our favorite shows.
1. That Time Stephen Amell Revealed The Truth Behind Oliver's Long Hairdo
Also, did anyone else cringe while he was taking his wig off or was it just me?
2. When We Were Reminded Stunt Doubles Are Real Superheroes!
Jax's (Franz Drameh) leap off the balcony for the first episode of the second season of #LegendsOfTomorrow was pretty damn amazing, but it wouldn't have been possible without Drameh's stunt double's crazy gymnastics skills.
3. That Time Melissa Benoist Showed Us The Secret Behind Supergirl's Ability To Fly
#Supergirl wouldn't be that super without her ability to fly, so let's all thank special FX, which is basically real magic.
4. When We Finally Found Out The True Origin Of The Speed Force
Speaking of green screen magic, Violett Beane's Instagram post reveals the hard work going into making #TheFlash's speedsters — and it's apparently so much tougher than anyone would have guessed. Running in place is very tricky (I may have tried it myself).
5. That Time We Realized Running From A T-Rex Is Hilariously Hard Work!
Seeing behind the scenes of how they filmed Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) running away from a T-Rex when he was stranded in South Dakota about 70 million years ago shows us how serious everyone needs to be, even when filming hilarious scenes like this one.
6. And That Time Caity Lotz Proved She Is Basically A Ninja
Wow! Did you see that flip? White Canary (Caity Lotz) is an absolute badass. No #stunt double required here, please proceed.
7. That Time Candice Patton Showed Us The Making Of Iris West
The makeup process of putting Patton into character looks like a lot of fun. I wish I had a makeup artist to make me look gorgeous before I take on my days.
8. That Time We Realized How Complex Fight Scenes Can Be
The Atom, Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell) and the White Canary are all involved in some fighting while there are extras lying on the ground and explosions happening — talk about complex!
9. David Harewood Showed Us How He Transforms Himself To A Badass DEO Agent
It might look like he's chilling by the sidewalk, but Harewood (Hank Henshaw, a.k.a J'onn J'onzz) is assuming his super identity to save Agent Alex Danvers (Chyler Leigh). Needless to say, the final cut looked amazing!
10. That Time Chyler Leigh Shared The Making Of A Superhero Jump Attack
Probably one of the coolest behind-the-scenes videos around. Every superhero performs one of the famous jump attacks eventually, and seeing how this is done in slow motion is really neat. A big thank you to Leigh's son for filming!
11. When Grant Gustin Gave Us A Peak Of The Flash's On-Set Running Adventures
Because Gustin does not only run in place in front of a green screen. Who would have thought being a speedster actually involves running?
12. When We Remembered Being An Actor Requires A Lot Of Creativity
Wentworth Miller, a.k.a. Captain Cold, had to be imaginative with his gun, seeing targets where there were none and try to look super cool doing it (pun intended).
13. And Finally, When Gustin Showed Us That It's Not All Work And No Play
Even superheroes need to blow off some steam every once in a while, and what better way to do it than with a silly dance? Fortunately, it's not unlike Grant Gustin to share his nerdy moments with us fans! #fancypants
The CW's four-night crossover event kicks off November 28! Check out the full crossover trailer below: