#JKRowling, the great and benevolent leader of the Potterverse, is a kind Supreme Mugwump. The latest in a series of new in-world writings is a piece on #HarryPotter's family, specifically his ancestor Henry Potter. You can read the full piece on Pottermore or check out the main points below.
6 Facts About Henry Potter
- Lived circa 1896–1981
- He was Harry Potter's great-grandfather (Henry was the father of Fleamont Potter, James's father)
- Served on the Wizengamot 1913–1921
- Son of Hardwin Potter and Iolanthe Fleamont.
- Vocally opposed the ministry's decision to not help the Muggles during the First World War.
- Henry's pro-Muggle views got the Potter line excluded from the Sacred Twenty-Eight, the "supposedly definitive list of pure-bloods"
Check out more Harry Potter joy in this video of HP quotes to live by:
Rowling's new text includes some other cool details about the Potter line and the history of the wizarding community. Did you know that the earliest recorded Potter was Linfred of Stinchcombe, a wizard in the 12th century?
Thank you, J.K., for giving us more Potterverse magic!