The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug's Evangeline Lilly discusses her views of the film in this video (via ComicBookMovie.com), and touches on the 'physically demanding' role of her 'sylvan elf' Tauriel who isn't in the original books:
She also reveals that part of her stipulation for being in the film was that she specifically did not want her character to be involved in a love triangle. Unfortunately for her 'there was no escape'.
So Lilly's words are pretty illuminating and it's unfortunate that her wishes to not be involved in a love triangle were not honored. What are your thoughts on 's character? Do you think it will detract from the story or add another interesting dimension to The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug?
- 15Is an awesome additionClick to answer
- 17Will add a whole new dimensionClick to answer
- 14Doesn't make senseClick to answer
- 9Strays too far from the storyClick to answer
- I want to write my own post about itCreate a Post