Fast & Furious 7 was only halfway complete when filming stopped due to Paul Walker's tragic death last November. The script needed to be rewritten to phase out Walker's character, and his co-stars needed to be given time to grieve.
Well now writer Chris Morgan and director James Wan have come up with a way to tastefully enact his departure, and work on F&F 7 will restart on April 7.
It is especially important that work starts soon, as the film will need to spend a long time in post-production in order to incorporate the footage that Walker had already shot - and according to some, Walker's brother Cody has even been asked to appear as his stand-in for some scenes.
The Fast & Furious franchise has been a massive success so far, with most films doing better than the one that preceded it. The plot of F&F 7 sees Ian Shaw (Jason Statham) on a revenge mission against Dominic Toretto's crew, who killed his brother in the previous film.
So what do you think? Can the franchise survive with Paul Walker? And how do you think they should handle his departure from the movie?
- 1352Have his character die tragically, tooClick to answer
- 663Just say that Brian O'Connor retiredClick to answer
- 286They shouldn't even be making this movie without him!Click to answer
- 184Other (write below)Click to answer
- I want to write my own post about itCreate a Post