- We call information that identifies you or that can be readily used to identify you (like name, address, email address, phone number, username, password, and other information you provide in posts) your “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII.”
- We collect PII when you provide it, for example, by creating an account, logging in, submitting a request to the Site, or posting a review. Our main goals, in using this information, include to provide services to you and to maintain our Site.
- Keep in mind that your posts, comments, reviews or other content that you submit to the newsfeeds, blog, message board, microsites or any other part of the Site may be public and viewed by others. This means you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the information you post to these forums on our Site – you got that, right? We want you to be safe, so be careful about what information you share.
- In fact, we might share the posts you make on our Site that can be seen by others with our business partners, including third-party websites who may re-publish the content on their own sites, including posts that may identify you.
- Otherwise, we share your PII with others only in limited circumstances. For example, if you log in to our Site through Facebook, some of your PII may be sent to us from them, or to them from us. Of course, we also share PII with service providers who help us run our business, pursuant to legal process (such as a government subpoena), and for other similar reasons.
- If you create an account or log in to our Site through Facebook or other social media, the information these third-party websites collect is subject to their own privacy policies, which you should read. You should also know we don't endorse, control, or have responsibility over the privacy practices of third-party websites, including those whose links are on our Site.
- We call information that the Site automatically collects that doesn’t readily identify you (like your IP address or operating system) “Non-Personally Identifiable Information.” The Site gathers information such as how you come to the Site and what you visit at the Site so we can understand how many visitors we have, when we receive the most visits, and for what content, much like television ratings that tell you how many people tuned in to a program.
- We work to protect your privacy but want you to know that no Internet transmission is totally secure. Be careful out there, and don't share sensitive information.
- Regarding children, our Site is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13 and will delete it if we learn about it. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you create an account with the Site from outside the US, you should know that your information may be processed in the US where privacy regulations may be different from those of your home country. And if you live in California, you may have extra privacy rights.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or comments about privacy on Moviepilot.
The terms and conditions governing your use of the Site are contained in a separate Terms of Service agreement available here.
**Information We Collect**
**Personally Identifiable Information**
PII is information, such as your name, physical address, email address, cell phone number, other telephone numbers, password, username, gender, age, and other information, when it is linked to you or can be used to identify you. We collect PII when you voluntarily provide it or make it available to us by (1) logging into, or creating an account on our Site; (2) providing feedback to us through a feedback tool; (3) posting a review or making other comments on any public forums (“interactive features”) available on the Site; (4) entering a contest or sweepstakes or filling out a survey; or (5) logging in to our Site through a social media or similar tool. Each manner in which we collect PII about you identified above occurs only when you voluntarily provide information to us.
We also may monitor individuals’ activities on the Site such as the content they visit and the actions they take. We do this to understand our visitors’ preferences to help us improve Site performance, content selection, product design, and usability.
Regarding any public forums we may offer on our Site such as newsfeeds, blogs, message boards or similar tools (“interactive features”), the posts or comments you make may be public and viewed by others so you should use care before posting information about yourself, including PII, online. You acknowledge and understand that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit to interactive features over the Site. We assume no obligation to remove PII from postings on our Site and you disclose any PII in your postings at your own risk.
We may combine the PII we collect from you with information we collect from other sources, both offline and online.
**Non-Personally Identifiable Information**
The Site automatically also collects certain information that is not personally identifiable. For example, the Site automatically recognizes your domain name, IP address and region or geographical area, browser version, operating system and the website you passed through to reach our Site. In addition, our Site automatically gathers certain usage information like the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its various web pages or content, very much like television ratings that tell how many people tuned in to a program. We also may collect certain information through Cookies and similar tools as further described in the section below titled “Website Technology.” As noted above, we also may monitor identifiable individuals’ activities when they use the Site to help us improve Site performance, content selection, product design, and usability.
**Use of Personally Identifiable Information**
**Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information**
Except as otherwise described in this section, we do not share your PII with third parties for their own use. To respond to your requests or to process your information for any of the activities identified in the “Use of Personally Identifiable Information” section above, we may share your PII with our affiliates, business partners, or others who work for us, such as service providers, vendors, contractors, and agents. In addition, when you post any publicly-viewable information to interactive features (see the PII subsection under “Information We May Collect”), we may share your post with our business partners, including third-party websites who may re-publish such content, including posts that may identify you.
When you log-in to the Site through a social media (also referred to as social networking) service using tools like Log In With Facebook, we send the social networking service information about you, including information about your use of the services we offer on the Site. In addition, we or you may facilitate or be able to publish information about your activities on the Site on these third-party social media services. For example, your posts on our Site might also be shared and posted on your page at one of our partner social media service websites. Please note that when information about your activities on our Site is published on social networking services, that information will be visible to users of those services and will be handled in accordance with, and subject to, the privacy policies of those services. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with those services’ privacy policies and privacy controls. In addition, when you visit the Site while logged in to one of those services, the third-party social media service provider may be able to identify you and associate the technical information provided to your web browser with other information the service already has about you.
We may also share PII in the following circumstances: (1) upon receipt of a governmental request for information; (2) in response to a subpoena or a court order; (3) to comply with relevant laws; (4) in response to an investigation of fraud regarding a specific individual; (5) in an effort to safeguard the person or property of a Moviepilot employee or a third party; or (6) when we believe it is necessary to protect our interests, or we believe in good faith that the law requires the sharing of your PII.
In addition, Moviepilot may, in the future, decide to sell, merge or otherwise reorganize its business or assets. Moviepilot reserves the right to transfer and disclose PII in these circumstances to an entity acquiring the company or relevant assets.
Finally, we may also share de-identified aggregate information with third parties and advertisers so they can measure the effectiveness of any advertisements viewed in connection with the Site and understand their audiences. For example, we may tell advertisers the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement.
**Our Use of Website Technology (including Cookies)**
We use PII which we aggregate with other users’ PII into a de-identified form, or non-personally identifiable information collected through website technologies to help us to tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services to Site users. The non-personally identifiable information we collect and data that we may aggregate in de-identified form may be shared with our affiliates and third parties to provide you with more relevant services and advertisements, including advertisements relating to the Site on other websites you may visit.
Most web browsers are set up to accept Cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. If you choose to decline Cookies, some of the functionality of the Site may be impaired.
**Web Beacons and Pixel Tags**
Web beacons, also known as “clear gifs”, “one-pixel gifs”, “web bugs”, “Internet tags” or “pixel tags”, are small graphic images (usually invisible) that can be embedded in content and advertising on a website or in an email. These may be embedded on the Site or on advertisements for Moviepilot appearing on third-party websites or in email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your browser, check whether you have viewed a web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date that you viewed the web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the web beacon was viewed. We use web beacons to improve your Moviepilot experience, including to provide you with content customized to your interests.
**Third-Party Ad Networks**
Some of these advertising companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), a cooperative of online marketing companies that offers a centralized tool for opting out of behavioral advertising delivered by each of its member companies. If you would like to obtain more information about the NAI and make choices about their members’ use of your information, please click here http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. Also, through the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over ads that are customized based on their online behavior across different websites. To make choices about interest-based ads from participating third parties, please visit the DAA consumer opt out page. See [http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed](http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed).
**Links to Third-Party Websites**
We may provide links to third-party websites. You acknowledge that such links are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement by Moviepilot of such third-party websites. Since we do not control these third-party websites, we assume no responsibility for the privacy practices of such websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on those, and all, third-party websites.
**Protecting Your Information**
Moviepilot employs reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the PII we collect online. However, Moviepilot does not warrant or represent that its level of security meets or exceeds any specific standards. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free, nor is stored data free from vulnerabilities. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, the Site, or our services, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties.
Our Site is directed towards adults. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have PII on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
If at any subsequent time, you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from Moviepilot (e.g., by email), please change the respective settings in your profile on the Site or contact us at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) to make this request.
**Non-U.S. Site Users**
**Your California Privacy Rights**
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have provided PII to the Site to request certain information regarding Moviepilot’s disclosure of PII to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of PII disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of the third parties when required. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this section.
2100 Abbot Kinney | Unit D
**How Can You Ask Questions or Raise Concerns?**
If you have other questions or concerns about our privacy policies or data use, or wish to change your options, email us at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Effective Date: October 24, 2011; revised September 2013