WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE AMAZING FILM THAT IS THE FORCE AWAKENS
Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens told us nearly nothing about the origins of these important new comers to the Star Wars universe, Rey, and Supreme Leader Snoke, but I believe I have found a way to comprise a Skywalker family tree that includes both of these characters.
Here's what I believe to be the complete Skywalker family tree...
Now let's get into detail.
The whole tree starts with Supreme Leader Snoke who, for the sake of this theory is Darth Plagueis (Master of Palpatine). Here's the evidence that he's technically Anakin's father...
- In Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine explains how his master, Darth Plagueis, could even influence the midi-chlorians to create life.
- Palpatine gives Anakin an all knowing look as he says the line above.
- Anakin has more Midi-Chlorians than any other Jedi
- Anakin's mother Schmi tells Qui Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace that Anakin had no father.
- Qui Gon states that Anakin is a child of the force, as if he is mostly comprised of Midi-Chlorians.
So basically, Schmi Skywalker was just the carrier of a baby given life by Midi-Chlorians, influenced by Darth Plagueis AKA Supreme Leader Snoke.
I know... weird right?
From there we know that Anakin married Padme Amidala and Padme gave birth to twins, Luke and Leia. We also know that Leia and Han Solo had a child together named Ben Solo, otherwise known as Kylo Ren.
Now Rey is a tricky one. Here's the evidence that Luke is her father...
- In the second trailer for the Force Awakens a line is spoken where he says "The force is strong in my family", and then proceeds to list the members of the Skywalker family lineage, including Rey.
- One scene in the second trailer also shows Rey taking the Skywalker lightsaber, as if the torch is being passed down to the next member of the family.
- Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that the new trilogy would revolve around the Skywalker family, and Rey is obviously the main character of episode 7.
- Many parts throughout TFA suggest Luke is her father such as the end, where Luke has an interesting expression at the sight of Rey. Perhaps he knows the face of his daughter?
- Maz tells Rey that her family is not coming back for her and Rey replies, "but there's one who still could, Luke."
So there we go, that's why I think Rey's father is Luke. Now that we got that out of the way, who's her mother? Honestly there's pretty much zero evidence to who her mother is. Personally, I buy into the theory that Obi Wan had a daughter, Luke and her meet, and after Return of the Jedi she gives birth to Luke's child, Rey. That means that Rey is not only a Skywalker, but she's also a Kenobi. I definitely hope that's the route they go for in episode 8 or 9.
What do you think? Did I get everything right? Everything wrong? Let me know in the comments below.