A lot of the images and videos we’ve seen to date have tended to be pretty tame; Superman just standing around mixed with a load of uninspiring dialogue. We’ve yet to see anyone get their face smashed in by the Last Son of Krypton’s mighty fists and elbows. Luckily, it turns out we probably shouldn’t read too much into this.
A close source of Joblo managed to view an advanced screening of Man of Steel at Warner Bros headquarters. He has delivered a short, and to the point first, review of the movie. Give it a read below:
- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
- It’s the best movie of the year.
- There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.
Sounds good right? The combination of Snyder’s kinetic style and Nolan’s darker universe certainly sounds pretty interesting. The news it’s not as dour as the trailer suggests is also a relief. Another reason I’ve never really gotten into Superman is, well, he’s kind of boring. I mean, I wouldn’t want to invite him to party or anything. This early review at least suggests someone will deliver some much needed comic relief.
More Man of Steel Coverage
Has this first review reassured you about Man of Steel? Give us your opinion below.