It's been quite a while since the official 'Friday The 13th' game was announced, and fans are eager to get their bloody hands on the product. Long time fans like myself however, have hoped for a game like this several years already. It's still a bit surreal to watch it finally come into fruition!
With that said, the official release of 'Friday The 13th: The Game' is close.
That's right, you'll get to play as Jason, or his terrified victims sooner than you think. Are you ready to stalk-n-slash teenagers? Or will you devise a plan to defeat Jason, and leave Camp Crystal Lake unscathed?
How Do I Know The Release Is Close?
So if you've been following the game, you'd know that the team behind this project (Gun Media) have repeatedly said their game will have an ambiguous "early 2017" release.
- 'Final Frights: 5 Times Horror Movie Villains Were Supposed To Die And Never Come Back'
- 'Michael Vs Jason? Who Wins? The Answer Is Finally Revealed'
- 'Why Now Is The Perfect Time For 'Freddy Vs Jason 2'
Now you're probably thinking "early 2017? the year is almost halfway over!", and you aren't wrong. However, according to the creators, their definition of early 2017 is January through April. And as you've probably noticed by now, April has a little less than two weeks left in the month.
Here's where it gets exciting though. Yesterday, someone tweeted the creators, and asked whether they planned on delaying the game again, to which they replied,
With that said, here are a few reasons you should be excited for the game if you aren't already.
- Not only can you play as Jason, but you can play as Jason from Friday The 13th parts 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Not to mention the brand new Tom Savini designed Jason. Which is exclusive to everyone who pre-ordered the game.
- It will be just as fun playing as a survivor, and a whole lot scarier too!
- Jason can set traps for his victims.
- There will be three maps at launch. Camp Crystal Lake, Higgins Haven (as seen in Friday The 13th Part III), and the Packanack Lodge (as seen in Friday The 13th Part 2)
- Each Jason has his own unique set of skills, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Each victim has their own unique set of skills, strengths, and weaknesses as well.
- You can play as Tommy Jarvis in the game.
- Single player will be released during the summer.
- There's a great chance DLC will be added at a later time. We could see more maps such as the SS Lazarus (Cruise Ship) from Friday The 13th Part 8, or perhaps play as Ms. Voorhees.
Are you ready?!
Are you prepared to outsmart Jason, and make your escape? Or are you ready to sharpen your machete, and slice those meddling kids trespassing your property? Comment below!