The first season of Riverdale had viewers tearing out their hair, trying to work out who was responsible for the murder of Jason Blossom and we finally found out the answer in the gripping final two episodes of the season. However, the mystery may be over, but the story is only just beginning. Who knows what lies ahead for the residents of Riverdale as The CW's hit series enters its second season?
Things may get a little hectic with all of the new information that will become available during the lead up to Season 2, so we've compiled this neat little guide to keep you up to date with all things #Riverdale. Forget the Blue and Gold, this is your one stop shop for all you need to know about Season 2 of The CW's newest addiction.
'Riverdale' Season 2 Trailer
The second season of Riverdale will undoubtedly be tense and this first look trailer certainly gives us goosebumps!
'Riverdale' Season 2 Premiere Date
Riverdale Season 2 will premiere Wednesday, October 11 on The CW. For international viewers, the series will premiere on Netflix worldwide the following day.
'Riverdale' Season 2 Plot
Now that Jason Blossom's killer has been revealed, who knows what lies ahead for the town of Riverdale and its residents? With Fred Andrews' life on the line, we're pretty certain that Archie and his friends will track those responsible for shooting his father. One thing's for sure, the townsfolk will never be the same again!
'Riverdale' Season 2 Cast & Characters
- KJ Apa / Archie Andrews: Previously known for his role in New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street, Apa plays Archie, the attractive young red head who is at the center of all the drama on the show.
- Lili Reinhart / Betty Cooper: Reinhart plays Betty Cooper, the girl next door with a heart of gold — and a dark side that you definitely don't want to cross.
- Camila Mendes / Veronica Lodge: Mendes plays Veronica, the girl from the big city who has reformed since her arrival in Riverdale. Despite public perception of her, Veronica is one of the good guys and her big heart shines through in every episode.
- Cole Sprouse / Jughead Jones: Having previously appeared on The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody alongside his twin brother Dylan, Cole Sprouse plays Jughead Jones, Archie's mysterious friend who knows everything about everyone.
- Marisol Nichols / Hermione Lodge: Best known for her role in 24, Nichols plays Hermione Lodge, mother to Veronica. Although Hermione always has her daughter's best interests at heart, her past is still shrouded in mystery.
- Madelaine Petsch / Cheryl Blossom: Petsch plays Cheryl, the daughter of the Blossom clan with a mouth so unpredictable you don't know whether to cheer for her or boo her. Who are we kidding? Cheryl's a queen.
- Mädchen Amick / Alice Cooper: Known for her role in Twin Peaks as well as for making appearances in hit shows like Gilmore Girls and American Horror Story, Amick plays Alice Cooper, the loving mother of Betty and Polly Cooper. Initially hard to read, Alice has proven herself to be a badass leader who has us all screaming "Yasss Queen!" every time she walks on-screen.
- Luke Perry / Fred Andrews: Known for his role in Beverly Hills 90210, Perry plays Archie's dad, Fred, whose construction company is struggling financially.
'Riverdale' Season 2 Theories
We're still not sure what the primary focus of Riverdale Season 2 will be, but that hasn't stopped fans from coming up with their own theories for Archie's sophomore season. As the show is based on the Archie comics, there is literally a whole world of possible storylines that the showrunners could use in Season 2. Check out some theories here:
- 'Afterlife With Archie' No Longer A Theory? Interview Suggests Sabrina May Bring Zombies To 'Riverdale' In Season 2
'Watch 'Riverdale' Season 2 Online
Internationally, Riverdale is a Netflix Original, so for those outside of the U.S. the show is available to Netflix subscribers across the globe one day after U.S. broadcast. If you're a U.S. resident, then episodes of Season 2 will be made available on iTunes, Amazon Video and The CW the day after initial broadcast.