As if your list of "Things I Need To Watch On Netflix" could get any longer, Selena Gomez has gone and thrown another awesome option into the mix. Complete with gripping narrative, hot cast members and huge playlist potential, there many factors that will push this promise to the top of your To Watch list — 13 Reasons Why, in fact. And I've listed them all for you below. You're welcome.
1. Firstly, Check Out The Trailer Selena Just Posted On Instagram
Watched it? Good. Now here's what you need to know:
2. It's Based On A Best Selling Novel
13 Reasons Why is adapted from Jay Asher's heartbreaking novel of the same name. The story follows a teenager called Clay Jensen who receives a bunch of cassette tapes — 13 to be exact — from a classmate who recently committed suicide. Each tape provides deeper insight into the 13 reasons why she decided to take her own life.
3. It's Her 'Passion Project'
Seeing as Selena is vocally anti-bullying, the narrative for 13 Reasons Why is right up her passion alley. Apparently she was so moved by the book when she read it back in 2011 that she became determined to bring it to the screen.
4. Think 'Gone Girl' Meets 'Pretty Little Liars'
So expect intrigue, mystery, suspense, tears and a locker-load of style.
- All The Best New & Upcoming TV Shows Coming Out In 2017
- New & Returning Netflix Original Series (In 2017 And Beyond!)
- The Best Netflix Original Series You Can Watch Right Now — Ranked
5. It Stars Some Faces You Already Know (And Love)
Such as Dylan Minnette who you'll recognize from 2016's scream-fest Don't Breathe, Kate Walsh of Grey's Anatomy fame, Derek Luke from Empire, Alisha Boe and Ross Butler from Teen Wolf, Amy Hargreaves from Blue Ruin and Miles Heizer from Neon Demon, among others.
6. And Some New Ones
Names to notice include Katherine Langford who stars as the lead, Hannah Baker, and Brandon Flynn who plays Justin.
7. That Production Team Though
Executive Producer Gomez, as she should now be known, is joined by Spotlight's Tom McCarthy who directed the first two episodes, and Pulitzer Prize-winning Brian Yorkey penned the script. Phwoar.
8. Look How Stylish This Poster Is
That tagline is ominous AF too.
9. There Will Probs Be A Bangin' Playlist
Seeing as the premise is based around 13 tracks and Selena Gomez is a platinum award-winning artist, expect the soundtrack to be the literal definition of BANGIN. If you can get past the suicide affiliation, obvs.
10. It's Gonna Be Online Rly Soon
11. And You Can Binge It All In One Go
Because Netflix. That's hour upon hour of #SelenaGomez created goodness, guys!
12. Just Watch The Trailer Again, OK
13. It's F***ing SELENA GOMEZ
So just watch it, kapeesh?
Are you excited for 13 Reasons Why?