Today, the Jungle Book "Diamond Edition" is released on DVD/Blu-Ray, and there is exactly 0% of my sophisticated adult self that will try to pretend I'm ANYTHING but completely giddy and excited.
To get the rest of you at my level, I want to talk about the most heart-warming, tear-jerking, laughter-filled character in the WORLD: Baloo the Bear. With his big belly, husky voice and ever warm demeanor, we've all struggled with the ridiculously high standards Baloo set for being a perfect dad. Here are 9 times we couldn't help but wish our own fathers could measure up to this singing, chuckling Papa Bear:
1) When he introduced Mowgli to the "Bear Necessities":
All I ever got was a copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves and a box of condoms placed on my pillow...
2) ...like basic sustenance,
He took me to McDonalds when Mom wasn't home...does that count?
I always had to take the bus to school.
4) ...and self-protection.
I guess I learned how to violently squirm from all the tickle fights?
5) When he went undercover to protect Mowgli and put James Bond to shame:
James Bond?! My Dad wouldn't even dress up for Halloween!
6) ...and broke out the combat when his cover was blown:
Well, okay, that does actually seem like my Dad.
7) When he tucked Mowgli into bed:
I just got a Barbie comforter...
8) And loved him like his very own -
My dad always said I was adopted. Hmph.
9) ...even enough to let him go.
Ok not funny anymore...tears are definitely coming. Gotta go...off to CALL MY DAD!