Ridley Scott started something quite phenomenal in the 1970s with the release of his claustrophobic sci-fi horror Alien. With such a small budget, he created one of the most successful (and scariest) films of all time, which spawned several sequels, spinoffs, comics, video games, novels, fan-films, a prequel and another prequel which is hitting theaters later in 2017.
While the series has definitely had its fair share of letdowns, it remains enormously popular with a loyal fanbase, unique lore and a still-terrifying monster — which can get even the manliest of men to hide behind the couch.
So, are you a true fan? Well, why don't we test that? These 30 questions cover the entire saga (and extended universe), and range from pretty easy to...well, there is an explanation for this, you know.
1. What is the name of the creature that impregnates its victim with an alien?
2. What was the name of the ship that found the Xenomorph?
3. While Ridley Scott was the director of the first 'Alien,' who are always credited as creators of the 'Alien' franchise?
4. Which of these is the name of a weapon that the Colonial Marines use in James Cameron's 'Aliens'?
5. Who was the first to be killed by the Xenomorph after birthing from its host?
6. In the bizarre 'Alien: Resurrection,' we follow the clone of Ellen Ripley. Which numbered clone was she?
7. In 2014's 'Alien: Isolation,' you take control of Amanda. She is Ellen Ripley's...
8. Besides the Xenomorphs, what is another consistent element throughout each film featuring them?
9. When did 'Aliens' first cross over with the popular 'Predator' franchise?
10. What was the name given to the large creature on the derelict ship by the designer?
11. Who was the genius who came up with the iconic design of the Xenomorph, the Hive and all details of the disturbing creatures?
12. In the theatrical cut of 'Alien 3,' the new Xenomorph is birthed from a dog, but that was not the case in the Assembly Cut. What was host to the new breed of Xenomorph in this version?
13. What's the name of this character?
14. Which superhero battled the Xenomorph swarm in the comics?
15. Which 'Alien' video game is considered more horror than action?
16. Joss Whedon's film career began with the 'Alien' franchise as a writer. Which entry did he partake in?
17. The Xenomorph shrieks in James Cameron's 'Aliens' were made from what sounds?
18. Who was originally going to play the character of Hicks in 'Aliens' before Michael Biehn?
19. This creature originally began as what character in 'Prometheus'?
20. What was the name of the station you explore throughout 'Alien: Isolation' while surviving encounters with the Xenomorph?
21. Name the Xeno: Round 1!
22. Name the Xeno: Round 2!
23. Name the Xeno: Final Round!
24. In 'Alien 3,' who said the line, "I think it'd be better if I left — I find you unpleasant to be around"?
25. What is the highest grossing film in the franchise?
26. For which 'Alien' film did David Fincher discredit himself as director?
27. True or False? Molly and Kelly in 'Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem' were originally the ancestors of Ellen Ripley.
28. Why did the 'Alien 3' trailer lead to audiences being disappointed?
Yeah, the tagline used in the trailer was "On Earth everyone can hear you scream." Thus it set up a movie that was going to take place on Earth...but not a single second in the finished product takes place on Earth.
29. What pattern occurs with all of the androids?
Don't believe me? Well, let's list them off in order of appearance: Ash, Bishop, Call and David. A, B, C and D. So...can we expect another android in 'Alien: Covenant' by the name of Elliot or Eddie?
THAT'S IT! GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! Let's see how you did, eh?
Alien: Covenant opens on May 19, 2017.
Are you looking forward to Alien: Covenant? Let us know in the comments below and remember...in space, no one can hear you scream.