If you've noticed your friends, family and colleagues bursting into spontaneous song a more often than usual, that's probably because they've just been to see the live action remake of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. With such dazzling costumes, moving musical numbers and a tale as old as time, it's not hard to see why the film's generated so much chatter.
The movie was released in the midst of a fair amount of controversy thanks to its gay character — the first in Disney's history — as well as accusations of romanticizing abusive relationships. And let's not forget the concerns surrounding Emma Watson being cast as Belle, as well as the very high expectations to match the legacy left by the 1991 original.
- Come On, Unfold Your Menu 'Cause We're Serving Up All The Easter Eggs In The Live-Action 'Beauty And The Beast'
- Do 'Beauty And The Beast,' 'Hunchback Of Notre Dame,' 'Aladdin' And 'The Lion King' All Exist In One Universe?
- 9 Big 'Beauty And The Beast' Differences Between The Original Movie And The New Live-Action Adaptation
What's The Verdict?
#BeautyAndTheBeast certainly made quite the impression on viewers, but did everyone love it as much as they thought they would? Let's take a look:
20. Beauty And The Bodyslam?
19. A Concerning Message
18. The Beast Is Belle's Sugar Daddy?
17. Still A Better Love Story Than 'Twilight'
16. When Drake's New Album Drops On The Same Day
15. I'm Not Crying, You're Crying!
14. That Backstory Was Pretty Dark
13. You Can't Beat The Original
12. An Optimistic Interpretation
11. A Solid 100/10
10. There's Always Time (Unless You're Under A Time-Limited Curse)
9. A Dream Come True
8. That Old Problematic Chestnut
7. Shook AF!
6. She Literally Can't Even
5. Well, He's Not Wrong
4. *Mic Drop*
3. Getting A Bit Political
2. Dan Stevens Is A Sexy Beast
What did you think of Beauty and the Beast?