It might be 2017, but 1974's Mel Brooks classic Blazing Saddles still has us LOLing harder than any Adam Sandler fare. We're talking drunk horses, cutting social commentary, breaking the fourth wall, the wild/batshit crazy West, and GENE fucking WILDER (RIP). But one thing's for sure, without its killer script, we wouldn't be still using Blazing Saddles quotes and references today.
Remember the movie below with the trailer:
While it's tough to figure out which Blazing Saddles quotes are the best in such a revolutionary and quotable movie, I've selected my favorites below for you to use on the daily. Take a look!
10. 'My name is Jim. But most people call me…Jim.'
If you want to make an impression, be sure to introduce yourself like Jim "The Waco Kid" here.
9. 'Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!'
You can use this when you're about to break the rulez — you rebel!
8. 'You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.' - Jim
In one of the most poignant moments of the movie, Jim consoles Bart after he was called the n-word by a racist local he'd said good morning to. Use this when trying to console a friend who was just treated like shit by some douche.
7. 'My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.' - Hedley Lamarr
If you're trying to impress your Tinder date.
6. Taggart: 'We'll kill the first-born male child in every household!' Hedley Lamarr: 'Too Jewish.'
If you're an evil landlord plotting to evict your tenants.
5. 'You will merely be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost-certain Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.'
If you're Mahershala Ali and cannot afford to lose.
4. Hedley Lamarr: 'My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.' Taggart: 'Ditto.' Hedley Lamarr: ''Ditto'? 'Ditto,' you provincial putz?'
Moral of the story: Never say "ditto." This isn't the '90s.
3. Bart: 'Are we awake?' Jim: 'We are not sure. Are we… black?' Bart: 'Yes, we are.' Jim: 'Then we are awake, but we're very puzzled.'
When you're so hungover you start using the royal we.
2. 'Mongo only pawn in the game of life.'
When you're trying to be philosophical and humble at the same time.
1. 'Hey, where the white women at?'
When you're a black guy and want to scare the prejudiced white folks around you.
What's your favorite Blazing Saddles quote?