To this day, Chandler Bing retains the crown as the undisputed king of sarcastic one-liners. What would #Friends have been without his stone-faced, self-deprecating sense of humor? While choosing a favorite Chandler quote is like trying to choose a favorite Rachel outfit or Phoebe song, somehow, Matthew Perry managed to single one out from a decade of zingers.
Like most of the former Friends stars, Matthew Perry can't get through an interview without the topic inevitably turning to the decade-defining sitcom that launched his career. The crew over at Good Morning America asked him about his favorite Chandler quote from the series, and this is the line he chose:
"You have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!"
It's a Chandler classic, to be sure. But is it really the best one? I'm not so sure about that. Below, we've assembled 10 other Chandler Bing quotes that could have been contenders for the top spot. Enjoy, little ones.
The Best Chandler Bing Quotes
1. 'Oh, I know, this must be so hard. 'Oh no, two women love me. They're both gorgeous and sexy. My wallet's too small for my fifties AND MY DIAMOND SHOES ARE TOO TIGHT.' '
2. 'On second thought, gum would be perfection.'
3. 'The fifth dentist caved and now they're all recommending Trident?'
4. 'All right, you will notice that I am fully dressed. I, in turn, have noticed that you are not. So in the words of A. A. Milne, 'Get out of my chair, dillhole.' '
- Timeless 'Friends' Quotes You Can Use In Any Situation
- We Had Such A Good Time: Lisa Kudrow Says There Already Was A Friends Reunion And We Missed It
- They're Still There For You: The Best 'Friends' Episodes Of All Time
5. 'Yeah, and I get my ya-ya's from Ikea. You have to put them together yourself, but they cost a little less.'
6. 'Hey, that's 'joincidence'... with a c.'
7. 'All right, kids, I've got to get to work. If I don't input those numbers... it doesn't make much of a difference.'
8. 'It was summer. And it was hot. Rachel was there. A lonely gray couch. 'Oh look!' cried Ned. And then the kingdom was his forever. The end.'
9. 'That's not true. I wanted to wear my bathrobe and eat peanut clusters all day. I wanted to start drinking in the morning. Don't say that I don't have goals!'
10. 'I'm not so great at the advice. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?'
What's your favorite Chandler Bing quote?