It's been 12 years since we were first introduced to an unsure (and slightly unhinged) Meredith Grey in the premiere episode of Grey's Anatomy. Now, after 13 seasons the doctors of Grey Sloane Memorial Hospital have become something akin to family for those fans dedicated enough to watch the almost 300 episodes of the series.
But not only have audiences watched as the characters of #GreysAnatomy have been through their ups and downs in the series, they've also benefited from the sage advice often dished out in each episode. Take a look below to relive some of the best Grey's Anatomy quotes from through the series run, and let me know your favorite in the comments below.
1. "Boundaries don't keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So you can waste your life drawing lines... or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross. Here's what I know: if you're willing to take a chance... the view from the other side... is spectacular." — Dr. Meredith Grey, S01E02
2. "Somebody sedate me!" — Dr. Cristina Yang, S02E04
3. "If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and start demanding more." — Dr. Cristina Yang, S02E19
4. "The thing is, I was healthy my whole life until I wasn't. And for the last year, I've had a lot of time to lay around in bed and think about my life. And the things that I remember best? Well, those are the things that I wasn't supposed to do and I did them anyway. So the thing is, Meredith life is too damn short to be following these rules." — Denny Duquette, S02E23
5. "If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor." — Dr. Cristina Yang, S03E16
6. "Sometimes it's good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose." — Dr. Richard Webber, S04E10
- Keep The Tissues Close: 'Grey's Anatomy' Is Going To Be On The Air For A Lot Longer Yet
- 'The Walking Dead' To 'Vikings': 7 Tragic TV Couples Who Deserved Happy Endings
- Soap Star To Superstar: 11 Actors Who Found Fame After Starring In Soap Operas
7. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don't give a damn what anyone thinks. There are no teams here, no buddies. You're on your own. Be on your own." — Dr. Cristina Yang, S04E15
8. "Just when we think we figured things out, the universe throws us a curveball. So, we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find ourselves back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way. Sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong." — Dr. Meredith Grey, S07E10
9. "At some point, you just have to let go. Move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it's the only way we grow." — Dr. Meredith Grey, S08E20
10. "We're all going to die. We don't get much say over how or when, but we do get to decide how we're gonna live. So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More Compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide." — Dr. Richard Webber, S10E01
11. "Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he is not the sun, you are." — Dr. Cristina Yang, S10E24
12. "What's broken can be mended. What's hurt can be healed. That no matter how dark it gets, the sun's gonna rise again." — Dr. Meredith Grey, S11E24
13. "You have a voice. So use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes. Just find your voice. And when you do fill the damn silence." — Dr. Meredith Grey, S12E09
14. "Don't ever date a man who can't handle your P.O.W.E.R." — Dr. Meredith Grey, S12E20
What's your favorite Grey's Anatomy quote?