SOA is the most ride-or-die show on TV, and the best Sons of Anarchy quotes reflect the fantastic characterization that made the cast so lovable (even when they were doing some insanely illegal things). Writer Kurt Sutter gave us heroes, villains (some of them the same people) and people in-between, and as we look forward to the spin-off Mayans MC, it seems like a good time to look back on some of the greatest lines from Sons of Anarchy.
Our hero, Jackson 'Jax' Teller
- "A good father and a good outlaw can't settle inside the same man."
- "Don't ever sit on another man's bike, asshole…"
- "After everything she did, all the lies and the death and the wreckage, I still love her. She's my mom."
- "The phrase "Mommy fetish" coming out of the mouth of my own mother should never happen again."
Of course, Otto usually says it best when he says nothing at all...
- Mayans MC: News, Rumors, Trailer, Premiere Date & All You Need To Know About The SOA Spin-Off Show
- SOA Creator Teases Abel Teller May Star In Sons Of Anarchy Spin-Off Show
- 4 Of The Most Ridiculous Complaints People Made About Sons of Anarchy Revealed By The FCC
Sometimes, Jax gets pretty deep...
It's hard not to hate. People, things, institutions, when they break your spirit and take pleasure in watching you bleed, hate is the only feeling that makes sense. But I know what hate does to a man, tears him apart, turn him into something he's not, something he promised himself that he'd never become.
On growing up:
There will be days when you're forced to make decisions that affect the lives of everyone you love, choices that will change you forever. You reach an age where you realize that being a man isn't about respect or strength, it's about being aware of all the things you touch. Children face inward, wallow in their own selfish needs. Men face out, take action on the needs of others.
Gemma can be relied upon for a stinging quote
- "You gonna say something or just stare at my tits?"
- "How many dead babies does it take to ruin a carpet?"
- "We all fall down. It's about how we get up."
- "I will jam my fist so far up your bony ass, your cup size will double."
The rest of the gang also drop a lotta zingers
- Clay: "Nothing more dangerous than a guy who knows he's already dead."
- Opie: "I promise to treat you like my leathers and ride you as much as my Harley."
- Juice: "Gemma knows every truth behind every lie inside every secret. She’s the gatekeeper."
- Tara: "We don’t know who we are until we’re connected to someone else. We’re just better human beings when with the person we’re supposed to be with."
- Lyla: "I'm going to stick to porn. I'd rather shoot pussy than have my pussy shot at."
- Venus: "You're a man who dares to dance with the freaks."
- Chibs: "All this shit, it triggers my Catholic superstitions."
- Bobby: "Remember when our biggest problem was which Mayan to kill?"
- "It's not like I've got a lot of hobbies other than waiting to die."
- "I'm not sure which cancer is worse, the one in me or the one in Charming."
And, of course, the crazy-but-lovable Tig!
- Tig: "You know why I like teaming up with you Hap? Because when we do, I'm the normal one."
- Tig: "I'm gonna dunk my balls in your mouth. You're gonna gag. I'm gonna laugh. We'll be best friends forever."
- Tig: "You fed crystal to a killer doberman, Are you retarded?"