After one quick peep at the promotional pictures for Lifetime's Britney Spears biopic, it doesn't come as a huge surprise that the entire thing has wound up being an embarrassing disaster for the network. Proving they don't know Britney from their backside, the unapproved feature paints the Princess of Pop as a helpless, incompetent, ignorant idiot whose only capability is to act like a stereotypical hick with a southern vernacular that spans to "y'all" and leaves it at that.
Insulting doesn't really come close, and needless to say fans of #BritneySpears are pretty pissed on her behalf. Here's a roundup of some of the most savage reactions Twitter has to offer:
1. What Would Kim Kardashian Do?
2. Aaaand None For Lifetime, Bye.
3. Tired. And True.
4. Gonna Have To Take A Buttload Of Speed To Get Over This, TBH
5. This Britney's Off The Rack
6. Boy, You've Got Me Blinded
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Is Totally Out Of (*N)Sync With Her Face
- Actress Playing Britney Spears In New Biopic Says Experience Was 'Extremely Traumatic'
- Trailer for Britney's Biopic Drops & Her Meltdown Of 2007 Is Shockingly Re-Told
7. Y'all Suck
8. Flip It Like 2007 Britney
9. Such A Crock'er Shit
10. AAAAHAHAHAhahahahaha WHAT
11. This Is B-A-S-I-C I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N
12. FAKE NEWS
13. There's A Line You Don't Cross, And They Crossed It
14. If Only You'd Been Literally 'Saved By The Bell' And Not Watched It At All
15. Get On Your Knees And Beg For Forgiveness Immediately
16. Oops They Did It Again, And Again, And Again
17. But They Can (And Should) Haunt TF Outta You
18. Once A Cheat...
19. Alternative Facts, Babe
TL;DR #BritneyEverAfter was beyond terrible, so save yourself the energy and stick a copy of Crossroads on instead.
Share your Britney Ever After reactions in the comments!