Have you ever wondered if #TheFlash could outrun #Supergirl? Reckon Green #Arrow could make the White Canary cry? Five years after Oliver Queen was first 'stranded' on an island, The CW's four superhero shows are finally merging, in one of the most ambitious crossover events ever devised.
As details about the event begin to emerge, we're now learning more and more about the threat that the Dominators pose and that the heroes themselves will even come to blows with one another. However, all of that news pales in comparison to the treat that soared online today. #TheCW have given us a shiny new #Arrowverse crossover trailer, which gives us our most in-depth look at the extraterrestrial threat yet!
Quickly feast your eyes on the promo below before Barry messes with the timeline and makes this article obsolete:
There's a lot to take in here, so we've broken down some of the highlights that jumped out on first viewing:
- Seeing all of the heroes together gave us a full-on geekgasm.
- World War Z zombies on the CW? Yes.
- The Flash and Supergirl tag team is everything.
- The aliens CGI looks surprisingly great up close.
- First glimpse of Steel's costume looks incredibly faithful to the comics.
- FLAME TRICK ARROWS!?
- Barry and Oliver's banter makes us long for a regular team-up show.
- Oh and there's a cameo from a little-known villain called DEATHSTROKE OMG YES!
While it's hard to judge a crossover of this scale from just a short 45 second trailer, The CW are clearly listening to their fans. If this promo is anything to go by, it seems like the crossover will work hard to balance the elements that make each individual show great, mashing them all into one pulpy extravaganza that should appeal to everyone, regardless of whether they prefer Arrow or Supergirl.
As if that wasn't enough, a teaser trailer that dropped before also contains new footage that takes a more light-hearted approach to the alien invasion.
Check out the Arrowverse crossover teaser below:
Unsurprisingly, very little about the crossover itself is revealed in the teaser trailer — although it's a nice touch to see each of the heroes introduce themselves using their code names. If Kara's struggling to keep up with the giant ensemble, how are viewers who only watch one or two of the shows going to manage?
Aside from that, the rest of the teaser is dedicated to quick-fire shots of The CW's finest heroes in action — Oh, and a brief cameo from Felicity, whose unbridled enthusiasm represents every single one of us in this trailer.
Catch up with all of the previous Arrowverse crossovers in the clip below:
- The Flash Season 3: Who Is Doctor Alchemy?
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Fan Theory: Colton's Hayn-ous Past Suggests That Roy Harper Could Be Prometheus
- The Flash' Season 3: Could Too Many Speedsters Slow Down The Show?
While this team-up is technically a reunion if one counts the 'superhero fight club', this five-part crossover is still unprecedented on The CW and TV at large. There's a lot that could go wrong, but if the logistics can be figured out, Felicity could be right in suggesting that this will be the “best team-up ever!”