Over the last half-decade or so, Daniel Radcliffe has well and truly avada kedavra'd his synonymity to Harry Potter, busting out so many new projects and side-gigs that it can be hard to keep up with him. Luckily then, we're doing the hard work for you and collating all the news, rumors and general gossip about the child-star-turned-legit-adult-star and plonking it all in one place!
Welcome to the only page you'll ever need to be totally up to date with new & upcoming Daniel Radcliffe movies below.
Daniel Radcliffe News & Rumors
Update 09/29/16: Radcliffe "Donald Trump not as ideologically pure as Voldemort."
In other words, Trump doesn't really believe anything he stands for. Radcliffe explains his point in the Sky News clip below:
Daniel Radcliffe: "I don’t want people to forget about Harry Potter"
Daniel Radcliffe has put an end to those will-he, won't-he rumors surrounding the maybe-but-probably-not Warner Bros. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child movie adaptation. Talking to the Independent, it's clear the Boy who Lived still holds a dear place in the actor's heart, but Harry Potter is not a role Daniel Radcliffe will ever play again:
“I don’t want people to forget about Harry Potter, I’m incredibly proud of those films. I also don’t want to repeat myself in terms of what I did with Harry, but in terms of Woman in Black and now Imperium, I think I get an undeserved amount of credit playing diverse things because people saw me playing one role for a long time. Really, it’s just what most actors want; as varied a career as possible. I’m just lucky enough to be in a position where I can do that.”
Totally fair enough, and if Swiss Army Man taught us anything, it's that variety is definitely the spice of this guy's life!
Daniel Radcliffe: Hollywood is "undeniably racist"
Radcliffe has been pretty vocal about equality lately. After speaking up about the pains of "coming out" as "feminist" — more the fact you shouldn't have to, it should be a given — he's moved on to discuss Hollywood's race issues. Talking to the BBC, the star revealed that working on his latest picture Imperium has opened his eyes to how the "very, very progressive" nature of the film industry still has a long way to come.
Talking about this year's "All White" Oscars ceremony, when asked whether Hollywood was "racist," he responded:
"It's pretty undeniable. We like to think of ourselves as being a very, very progressive industry, but we have been lagging behind in all kinds of areas."
More Daniel Radcliffe:
- Spider-Damn: 4 Other Characters Daniel Radcliffe Could Play In The MCU
- Daniel Radcliffe Looks Super Different In 'Wolf Creek' Director's New Movie
Daniel Radcliffe Biography
One of the lucky ones, Daniel Radcliffe's career biography kicks off at the tender age of 10, scoring the leading role of the scarred protagonist in the insanely popular Harry Potter franchise, a part which would take him through the next ten years of his life. As you'd probably imagine, this bonkers level of fame so young wasn't without its downsides — Radcliffe's fellow pupils grew hostile towards him after the release of the first film, resulting in the majority of his education taking place on-set. Though, to be fair, school was never his favorite pastime anyway. The pressure of fame lead to a spell of alcoholism, on which he's thankfully no longer dependent.
Now comfortable in his own skin, Radcliffe has grown into one of the few celebrities you could honestly call a grounded individual — after all, nobody who takes themselves too seriously would rap Blackalicious's "Alphabet Aerobics" on The Tonight Show, make a movie about a farting corpse or get naked on stage with a horse now, would they?
And here are a few more reasons why he's flippin' fantastic:
- Lizzy Caplan Surprised Daniel Radcliffe Is Not 'A Pain In The Ass': 6 Reasons Why He's The Anti-Douche
Daniel Radcliffe Stats
- Born: 23rd July 1989 (age: 27)
- Lives: Manhattan, NYC
- Height: 5ft4 or 1.65m
- Net Worth: As of June, 2016 it was rumored that Radcliffe is worth an estimated $83.9 million.
- Relationship Status: Taken, sorry ladies — Daniel Radcliffe's and his girlfriend Erin Darke have been dating since 2012.
Daniel Radcliffe: New & Upcoming Movies
Daniel Radcliffe has been a busy boy this year, with three new movies wrapped up already, leaving just one upcoming project left to complete.
- Director: Greg Mclean
- Starring: Thomas Kretschmann, Alex Russell, Yasmin Kassim
- Radcliffe's character: Yossi Ghinsberg
- What's it about? Radcliffe is set to star in an adaptation of Yossi Ghinsberg's memoir, a tale of a trip into the Amazon with a guide whose motives were untrustworthy to say the least. After he's separated from his travel buddies, Ghinsberg finds himself struggling to survive in the wilderness on what becomes the most deadly vacation imaginable.
- Release date: TBD, 2017
Daniel Radcliffe Movies & TV Shows: The Complete List
From dear days spent warding off evil at Hogwarts to speeding across oceans turbo-powered by his own farts, Daniel Radcliffe's screen career has been a varied one to say the least. Here's the complete list of every Daniel Radcliffe movie & TV show so far.
- Imperium (2016)
- Now You See Me 2 (2016)
- Swiss Army Man (2016)
- Victor Frankenstein (2015)
- The Gamechangers (2015)
- BoJack Horseman (2015)
- Dating Queen (2015)
- The Simpsons (2010-2014)
- A Young Doctor's Notebook (2012-2013)
- What If (2013)
- Horns (2013)
- Kill Your Darlings (2013)
- Robot Chicken (2012)
- The Woman in Black (2012)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
- My Boy Jack (2007)
- December Boys (2007)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
- Extras (2006)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)
- The Tailor of Panama (2001)
- David Copperfield (1999)
This page will be continuously updated with the latest concerning all things Radders, so keep coming back to get your fill!