We've all been there, sitting red-faced and belly-ached, choking on popcorn, tears collecting in little chin-puddles as we gasp for breath, trying desperately not to draw too much attention within the darkness of a movie theater — but sometimes, there's nothing we can do. The film is just that funny.
The below 32 funny quotes from movies are from hilarious #comedy movies that have, at some point, turned us into the grotesque giggle monsters mentioned above. They've also become the some of the most quoted film lines in our repertoire — and probably yours, too.
Are these the funniest movie quotes of all time? Check them out, and let us know what's missing in the comments!
32. 'I'm glad he's single, 'cause I'm gonna climb that like a tree.'
Movie: Bridesmaids (2011)
31. 'I am serious… and don’t call me Shirley.'
Movie: Airplane! (1980)
30. 'I'm sorry, do you have some prior commitment? Some hideous skirt convention you have to go to?'
Movie: The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
29. 'I fart in your general generation! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!'
Movie: Monty Python And The Holy Grail (1975)
28. 'Oh my god, Karen, you can’t just ask people why they’re white.'
Movie: Mean Girls (2004)
27. 'You know when you, like, grab a woman’s breast and it’s like - and you feel it and - it feels like a bag of sand.'
Movie: The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)
26. 'We'll just tell your mother we ate it all.'
Movie: American Pie (1999)
25. 'I love lamp.'
Movie: Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy (2004)
24. 'I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino.'
Movie:The Big Lebowski (1998)
23. 'Hey, where the white women at?'
Movie: Blazing Saddles (1974)
- The Best Romantic Comedies On Netflix
- The Best Thriller Movies On Netflix
- The Best Movies On Netflix
22. 'Who is this lady you have shrunk? Was she the owner of this house that you camp in front of? Do not try and shrink me gypsy, I serious.'
Movie: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)
21. 'Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.'
Movie: Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
20. 'Everybody knows you never go full retard.'
Movie: Tropic Thunder (2008)
19. 'I am McLovin!'
Movie: Superbad (2007)
18. 'Yes! Jesus H. tap-dancing Christ! I have seen the light!'
Movie: The Blues Brothers (1980)
17. 'It’s pronounced ‘Fronkensteen.''
Movie: Young Frankenstein (1974)
16. 'It's not hip hop, it's electro. Prick.'
Movie: Shaun of the Dead (2004)
15. 'I bet it feels huge in this hand.'
Movie: Deadpool (2016)
14. 'Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there is not.'
Movie: The Full Monty (1997)
13. 'A-ca-scuse me? Synchronized lady dancing to a Mariah Carey chart-topper is not lame!'
Movie: Pitch Perfect (2012)
12. 'Do you prefer fashion victim or ensembly challenged?'
Movie: Clueless (1995)
11. 'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.'
Movie: The Princess Bride (1987)
10. 'This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.'
Movie: Groundhog Day (1993)
9. 'Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond.'
Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
8. 'Yes, it's true. This man has no dick.'
Movie: Ghostbusters (1984)
7. 'Hey, you guys ready to let the dogs out?'
Movie: The Hangover (2009)
6. 'I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast!' - 'You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?'
Movie: Happy Gilmore (1996)
5. 'Nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills: Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!'
Movie: Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
4. 'What is this? A center for ants?!'
Movie: Zoolander (2001)
3. 'Mom? If you were in a German 'scheisse' video, you ... you'd tell me, right?'
Movie: South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999)
2. 'You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.'
Movie: Toy Story (1995)
1. 'Why would you want to save the galaxy?' - 'Because I'm one of the idiots who lives in it!'
Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Honorable mention: the end credits of Inside Out (2015) never fail to get us gigglin'.
Anything missing? What do you think is the funniest movie quote of all time?