The Game of Thrones Season 7 finale revealed that Jon Snow isn't just the King of the North — he's also the true heir to the Iron Throne. And now he can add another title to his crown: the king of GOT screen time.
During the first six seasons, the hit HBO series featured Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) more than any other character ... but he's been dethroned. With Season 7 now in the books, Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) has received the most cumulative love from the camera — by a grand total of 75 seconds.
The list of GOT screen time, featured on IMDb, includes every single character appearance — and the order of the top 10 might surprise some fans:
- 1. Jon Snow - 5 hours and 38 minutes
- 2. Tyrion Lannister - 5 hours and 37 minutes
- 3. Daenerys Targaryen - 4 hours and 36 minutes
- 4. Sansa Stark - 3 hours and 58 minutes
- 5. Cersei Lannister -3 hours and 56 minutes
- 6. Arya Stark - 3 hours and 44 minutes
- 7. Jaime Lannister - 3 hours and 19 minutes
- 8. Samwell Tarly - 2 hours and 23 minutes
- 9. Jorah Mormont - 2 hours and 22 minutes
- 10. Theon Greyjoy - 2 hours and 16 minutes
Despite the fact that Season 7 was the shortest to date, it was clear that Jon Snow — or should we say Aegon Targaryen — was its major focus. The King of the North took big steps in preparing for the impending Great War and found a new love interest in Aunt Daenerys.
It makes total sense that Daenerys would be in the top three, as her character is also a prominent character to the overall narrative. It's perhaps surprising to see Sansa slightly ahead of Cersei. You may be wondering about where some of the other popular characters rank — here are a few fan favorites:
- 13. Ned Stark - 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 15. Brienne of Tarth - 1 hour and 37 minutes
- 24. Joffrey Baratheon - 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 29. Tormund Giantsbane - 55 minutes
- 34. Olenna Tyrell - 44 minutes
- 37. Gendry - 39 minutes
- 47. Hodor - 29 minutes
- 109. The Night King - 8 minutes
Tyrion remains a key player to the story, and he's running neck-and-neck with Jon Snow, so perhaps he'll catch up in Season 8. If you were curious about the very bottom of the list, the honor goes to Tobho Mott, the King's Landing blacksmith, who has a minute and 15 seconds of total screen time.
You can find the complete list of nearly 200 characters here on IMDb.
Which Game of Thrones character do you think will have the most screen time by the end of Season 8? Tell us in the comments below!