There's a rumor* that following the events of Batman v Superman, Bruce Wayne hung a motivational poster with the proverb "If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together" in the dark depths of the Batcave, as a reminder that when fighting evil, teamwork is often the way to go.
* Okay, admittedly, I made that up second ago. However, Justice League, the upcoming DCEU ensemble, will follow on from Bruce Wayne's realization in BvS that togetherness is better than bitter isolation, and will depict his attempt to recruit a team of superhero heavyweights following Superman's death.
- Batman And Superman Will Face Off Again In 'Justice League', It Seems
- 'Justice League' Is Reportedly "A Mess" & That's Fine, As Long As It's A Fun Mess
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Will Blow The Other DCEU Movies Out Of The Water In 2018, And Here's Why
The New Tagline For 'Justice League' Revealed?
As well as underpinning #JusticeLeague, it appears to also be an ethos echoed behind the camera. Despite being donated in the hope of becoming a life-long prized possession for those on set, items gifted to the crew of Zack Snyder's film have surfaced for sale online, and they reveal a potential tagline:
"They've never faced us before. Not us united."
It's unclear whether this will serve as the film's official tagline, but it wouldn't be surprising if so. After all, the film will succeed #WonderWoman's solo movie, and finally unite a full host of #DCEU characters such as Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash — and a mysterious appearance from Superman.
Considering taglines offer less room for expression than a Tweet or a fortune cookie, you can't expect the world. However, the potential tag does seem overly simplified, pointing toward polarized good and evil, with little room for ambiguity.
That being said, Warner Bros. generaly play it safe with taglines. Other examples include:
- Batman v Superman: "Who will win?"
- Wonder Woman: "Power. Grace. Wisdom. Wonder."
- Man of Steel: Didn't actually get an official tagline.
- Suicide Squad: "Justice has a bad side" / "Worst. Heroes. Ever." (kinda shot themselves in the foot with that one.)
Justice League is released on November 16, 2017.
What do you think of the potential Justice League tagline?