It would seem that Lifetime are going full steam ahead with their upcoming Britney Spears biopic regardless of factors one would deem essential when recreating the story of her success. Like a remote resemblance to her face, for example.
True to form — remember their clown-makeup'd Anna Nicole Smith one? Mother have mercy! — the network has released a bunch of promo pics for the movie that are simultaneously brilliant, hilarious and deeply confusing. Featuring a #BritneySpears who looks more like country days Tay Tay, a *N Sync group who seem to be on day-release from an awful '00s teen movie, and a sleazy looking K Fed who's — actually, he's pretty on point.
I mean, is it any wonder Ms. Spears has denied any and all involvement with the upcoming picture? Just feast your eyes on this clusterfuck, which we'll (sort of) title after appropriate tracks:
1. (I Lost That) Boom Boom
- It's Momma, Bitch: What Makes Britney Spears The Best Celebrity Mother?
- Gimme More: Britney Spears Has Transformed And We Are Living For It
- ...Oops They're Doing It Again: Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears May Collaborate
2. Cry Me A River (To Drown In)
3. (All We Wanna Say Is) Bye Bye Bye
4. (I Will Regret This) From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
5. (Keep Grinning) Til It's Gone
And all these coming out on her 35th birthday! We feel for you Britters, we truly do — but we'll still be watching this deranged imagining the minute it comes out.