Hello, friend. Hello, friend. That's lame. Maybe I should give you a name. How about Mr. Robot? From the creative mind of Sam Esmail, #MrRobot is the groundbreaking drama on USA network that will have you questioning everything you think you know about society. Your democracy has been hacked, but we've infiltrated the network to unearth everything you need to know about the Golden Globe and Emmy award-winning show.
We've set aside exactly 5 minutes and 20 seconds for this conversation, so it's in both of our best interests that we start talking about what's really going on in the world of Mr. Robot. You can trust me.
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 News & Rumors
You want to talk about reality? We live in a world built on fantasy. You'd have to dig pretty deep before you can find anything real, but the Mr. Robot Season 3 news and rumors are out there — if you know where to look. Don't worry, I'll help you this time. We are all together now, whether you like it or not.
Rami Malek and Christian Slater nominated for Golden Globes
While Mr. Robot was surprisingly snubbed in the Best Television Series - Drama category (a conspiracy? We think so), Rami Malek was nominated for Best Actor in a Television Series - Drama, and Christian Slater for Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series - Drama. For a full rundown of the 2017 Golden Globes nominees, head to:
Previous 'Mr. Robot' News
The cast discuss their favorite moments from Mr. Robot Season 2:
Last week, Sam Esmail and the Mr. Robot cast spoke at Neuehouse Hollywood at a benefit function for the Screen Actors Guild and its children’s literacy website: Storyline Online. As part of the panel, the actors discussed their favorite moments from Mr. Robot Season 2, including:
- Christian Slater's long-awaited feelings of vindication after being passed over for a Diff'rent Strokes audition when he was 12 finally happening after nailing his role in "The Aldersons star in a sitcom" scene.
- Rami Malek attempting to pull off the greatest Christian Slater impression during the ultra-tense season finale (with a little coaching from Slater).
- Chaikin's character Darlene finally coming face-to-face with Grace Gummer's Dom and hearing DiPierro's spine-tingling "python approach" speech.
- Stephanie Corneliussen finally getting the normally stoic Sam Esmail to break character and compliment her jaw-dropping performance during the Season 2 confrontation between Joanna Wellick and Scott Knowles.
Check out the complete list of the stars' responses over at USA Network.
A post-election script leak is just what we needed to numb the pain
Not one to shy away from addressing the emotional state of the nation, Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail shared a script leak for Mr. Robot Season 3 via Twitter last week. While the script leak doesn't reveal much, it does proves that Mr. Robot will continue to remain relevant and reflect real-life current events in Season 3. As we move forward into a new presidency and await the announcement of Mr. Robot Season 3, let's hope that Esmail and his team offer us some hope in an otherwise bleak and uncertain future in our world.
Rami Malek snagged the Emmy for Best Actor in a Drama Series at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards.
Malek's shock and surprise were palpable as he took to the stage and even broke the fourth wall in true Elliot fashion: "Please tell me you're seeing this too." This is the second major win for Mr. Robot after winning a Golden Globe earlier this year for Best Television Drama. Congrats to executive producer Sam Esmail and the entire cast of Mr. Robot for an extraordinary year.
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Premiere Date
All we know so far is that the Mr. Robot Season 3 premiere date will be sometime in 2017, but if past seasons are to be used as a thermometer, then expect some time around June or July of next year. Please don't be angry.
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Trailer
I should just tell you what you want to hear, but then I wouldn't be telling you the truth, and we need to trust each other. The Mr. Robot Season 3 trailer has not been released yet, but we'll leak the info here soon as our backdoor hack bypasses the network firewall. Until then, here's the trailer for the Season 2 finale:
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Plot
The plot for Season 3 of Mr. Robot remains to be revealed, though we're certainly going to see more visual foreshadowing and expertly crafted dialogue from executive producer Sam Esmail as the thread from Season 1 continues to evolve into an intense web that looks to trap all the Mr. Robot players.
Below is a quick recap of past seasons:
The plot for Mr. Robot Season 1 focused on the Elliot's involvement with fsociety and the events leading up to the economic collapse of 5/9. The plot for Season 2 of Mr. Robot dealt with the aftermath and the impact on fsociety and E Corp and Elliot's continued attempts to maintain an illusion of control.
Mr. Robot Season 3 Characters
Mr. Robot dreams of saving the world from the omnipresent invisible hand that controls us every day without us knowing it, and it fully realizes this dream thanks to its amazingly crafted characters, many of whom are flawed or otherwise untrustworthy, creating a tense atmosphere rife with riveting intrigue and dark themes. All of this is made possible by the smart and wickedly sharp characters that populate the world of Mr. Robot.
While we're never certain which characters will come and go between seasons (or episodes), the main cast for Mr. Robot Season 3 remains:
- Elliot Alderson — A cyber security employee at Allsafe, Elliot moonlights as an elite hacker who spies on anyone who piques his curiosity — from his friends to his therapist.
- Mr. Robot —The antagonistic leader of the hacker collective fsociety, Mr. Robot recruits Elliot for his extraordinary hacking abilities to spearhead the collective's efforts to take down the juggernaut corporation E Corp.
- Darlene — An uncompromising member of fsociety who takes charge when Mr. Robot or Elliot are indisposed. She and Elliot share a close connection that is explored further in Season 1.
- Angela Moss — An account executive at Allsafe in charge of E Corp's cyber security contract, Angela and Elliot are childhood friends who both lost a parent in the Washington Township leak of 1993.
- Tyrell Wellick — The Senior Vice President of Technology of E Corp, Tyrell is obsessive in his attempts to become E Corp's youngest CTO. Tyrell shows a great interest in Elliot.
- Joanna Wellick —Tyrell's wife, a power-hungry and calculated woman with an agenda.
- Phillip Price — The callous CEO of E Corp, Price prides himself on being the most powerful man in the room wherever he goes and lacks empathy for anyone.
- Dominique "Dom" DiPierro —A recurring character in Season 2, Dom is a savvy FBI agent investigating the 5/9 hack.
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Cast
What the Mr. Robot cast may lack in name notoriety, they more than make up for with sheer acting ability. The Mr. Robot Season 3 cast consists of:
- Rami Malek — Newly crowned Emmy winner Rami Malek made his breakout performance as Elliot Alderson back in Season 1 and continues to be the show's biggest draw.
- Christian Slater — The most recognizable actor on Mr. Robot, Christian Slater has appeared as Mr. Robot since Season 1, playing the titular character.
- Carly Chaikin — Carly Chaikin has been playing the hacker Darlene since Season 1. You might also have seen her in Suburgatory.
- Portia Doubleday — She has played Angela Moss since Season 1. She's also known for her roles in Youth in Revolt, Carrie and Her.
- Martin Wallström — Known for his appearances in Swedish film and TV, Martin brought Tyrell Wellick to life in Season 1 of Mr. Robot.
- Stephanie Corneliussen —The stunning model turned actress has made appearances on Legends of Tomorrow in addition to playing the ice-blooded Joanna from Season 1 on.
- Michael Cristofer — The Pulitzer Prize winner is an accomplished playwright, also starring in Season 3 of American Horror Story in addition to playing E Corp CEO Phillip Price since Season 1 of Mr. Robot.
- Grace Gummer — Gummer joined Mr. Robot for Season 2 as FBI agent Dominique "Dom" DiPierro. You might also recognize her as Penny from Season 4 of American Horror Story.
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Theories
You want the truth? Then stay off social media, avoid the corporate-approved "news" they're feeding you, and connect here via an encrypted IP address if you're ready to ask the right questions. Are you looking for Mr. Robot Season 3 theories?
We've already explored some major theories from Seasons 1 and 2, including:
- We're Only Two Episodes In To Mr. Robot Season 2, But Does This Theory Predict A Big Reveal?
- Mr. Robot Theory Reveals Joanna's Secret Agenda In Season 2
- Making Sense Of Mr. Robot: Deciphering Season 2's Key Themes And Speculation On Season 3
We'll continue to update you as new theories evolve.
Where To Watch 'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Online
Mr. Robot Season 3 hasn't premiered yet, but you can watch Mr. Robot online (Season 1 and 2) on the following streaming services:
— Amazon: You can watch both Seasons of Mr. Robot on Amazon, paying either $2.99 per episode or $24.99 per season.
— Vudu: You can catch both seasons of Mr. Robot on Vudu for $1.99 per episode or $16.99 – $19.99 per season, depending on your quality preference.
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Extras
While you're awaiting instructions on Stage 2, occupy your analog life with some reading. Mr. Robot executive producer Sam Esmail has released a tie-in book entitled Red Wheelbarrow that chronicles what Elliot experienced during the events of Mr. Robot Season 2.
The Red Wheelbarrow has been a persistent theme in Mr. Robot and it looks like we'll be further exploring what this phrase — as well as the poem by the same name — means for Elliot and co. in Mr. Robot Season 3. The book features an introduction by Hot Carla, who you might remember burned this journal during Mr. Robot Season 2 and seems to share a slightly more intimate connection with Elliot than we previously thought.
While the book promises to fill in some of the gaps, fans will still likely have questions. Speaking at New York Comic-Con, Esmail said that “understanding everything will never probably happen."
Red Wheelbarrow is currently available on Amazon in multiple mediums.