As Need for Speed rapidly approaches the big screen, I thought I'd take the opportunity to talk about how ridiculously freaking AWESOME the soundtracks have ALWAYS been.
Since the 90s, Need for Speed has consistently provided us with a whole batch of tracks that perfectly hit the spot, whether we're clutching the controller, driving (for real), chilling or dancing or rocking out or WHATEVER.
Here's a taste of Need for Speed through the ages:
1) Rom Di Prisco: "Bring That Beat Back", from High Stakes ('99)
Electronica meets hip hip meets trance meets rock meets totally freaking nutso track that'll get your adrenaline skyrocketing.
2) Rush: One Little Victory, from Hot Pursuit 2 ('02)
Straight up rock n' roll with a touch of new wave, reggae, synth, alt and tons of other stuff that makes Rush...well...Rush.
3) Static X: "The Only", from Underground ('03)
Warning: If uncontrollably prone to spontaneous moshing, do not listen in a public setting.
4) Rob Zombie: "Two-Lane Blacktop", from Underground ('03)
Want the edge without the metal? Meet the track you'll be playing on repeat. For a long time.
5) Chingy: "I Do", from Underground 2 ('04)
Want some beats? Here's some Chingy.
6) Rise Against: "Give it All", from Underground 2 ('04)
What to BLAST with rolled down windows when you're feeling moody.
6) Queens of the Stone Age: "In My Head", from Underground 2 ('04)
For all you grungy rockers rockin' plaid.
7) Avenged Sevenfold: Blinded in Chains, from Most Wanted ('05)
Since all you metalheads can never get enough.
8) T.I. Presents The P$C: "Do Ya Thang", from Most Wanted ('05)
When you got the urge to pop and lock no one' got your back like T.I.
9) Sine Language (Featuring LMFAO): "The Crystal Method", from Nitro ('09)
Super cool track that's super groovy no matter what mood you're in.
10) Major Lazer Feat. Mr. Lex & Santigold: "Hold the Line", from Nitro ('09)
Totally wild, totally awesome, totally wanna dance right now.
11) The Naked and Famous: "Bright Lights", from Rivals ('13)
Edgy garage track with poppy undertones and some serious ATTITUDE.
12) Bastille: "Pompeii" (Kat Krazy Remix), from Rivals ('13)
You've heard it on the radio. A lot. Here's a remix.
13) Linkin Park - Castle Of Glass (Mike Shinoda Remix), from Rivals ('13)
In typical Linkin Park fashion, it's dark, moody and intense but still makes you wanna rock your brains out.