Now, in a world of fandom-dividing reboots, remakes and ill-advised sequels, it's worth noting that there are still a few properties heading back to the big screen that few of us seem to have much of a problem with. One of the most mainstream of those movies is the currently filming Jumanji sequel, starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black. Cunningly defining itself as a "continuation" of the story (as opposed to a reboot or a direct sequel), the film is currently being held firmly aloft by a fluffy cloud of positive buzz and widespread affection for its leads. And that was before today's big reveal. Y'see...
We Finally Have Our First Look At The New Jumanji Cast on Set (And They Look Awesome)
Y'see, the film's most diminutive star, Kevin Hart, has just posted the above image to Instagram, and it would seem to reveal three key things:
1. The movie is going to be silly as hell, which is almost certainly a good thing (no one needs to see a dark, gritty reinterpretation of Jumanji).
2. Kevin Hart is going to wear a neckerchief in the movie, and that's adorable.
3. We can already get a pretty strong sense of what the four main leads' roles will be in the movie. Hart'll be the goofball sidekick, Johnson the rugged hero, Gillan the improbably lightly-clad, yet endlessly competent female lead, and Black will be... well, Jack Black. All of which sounds like a recipe for two hours or so of shiny, board-game-themed fun.
Now all we have to do is wait patiently until the film actually arrives in July 2017. Anyone for a potentially deadly game of Jumanji while we wait? No? Well then, hows about a classic clip of Robin Williams being typically awesome in the original movie?
Ah, that's better...
Still want more on Jumanji, though? Well then, check out:
- 6 Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Jumanji
- Check Out The Cast Round Up For The Upcoming Jumanji Sequel. Who Wants To Play?
- The Jumanji Kids Now Will Make You Feel Insanely Old... But Totally Amazed!
And, in the meantime, what do you think? Are you excited for the new Jumanji? Let us know below!