A funny actress, witty author, strong advocate for mental health awareness. Carrie Fisher was all that and more. Yet, the daughter of Hollywood royalty couple, Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, will forever be remembered most for her iconic role as the feisty #PrincessLeia of the #StarWars saga.
In no order of merit, here's 10 of the most-quotable quotes of our favorite princess from a galaxy far, far away.
1. "Help me Obi-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
- Her hologram message to the Master Jedi-turned-recluse in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
2. "Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?"
- to the startled Chewbecca in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
3. "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."
- to Han Solo, upon seeing the Millennium Falcon for the first time in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
4. “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”
- to Luke Skywalker when he comes to rescue her in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
5. "You don't have to do this to impress me."
- to Han Solo as he tries to fly the Millennium Falcon through a shower of asteroids in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
6. "Would it help if I got out and pushed?”
- again to Han Solo, when he couldn't get the Millennium Falcon to start in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
7. "I love you."
- to Han Solo to which he responded with "I know" before being placed in the carbon-freezing chamber in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars Icon Carrie Fisher Dies At 60
- Harrison Ford Hated It! 7 Fun Facts About The Slave Leia Costume In 'Star Wars'
- This 'Rogue One' Easter Egg Suggests That Princess Leia May Cameo After All
8. "Luke is a Jedi. You are his father."
- to Han Solo, encouraging him to reach out to their son Ben (a.k.a Kylo Ren) in Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
9. "You know, no matter how much we fought... I've always hated watching you leave."
- to Han Solo, before he leaves for the last time in Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
10. "May the Force be with you."
- to Rey, as she leaves in search of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
Thank you, Carrie Fisher, for your life-long work and live-life-to-the-fullest attitude.
Goodnight, sweet Princess. May the Force be forever with you...