You've read a headline informing you that this is the ultimate guide for Rick and Morty Season 3. Well, you know what? That headline didn't lie. In fact, it's so good I could make you pay 25 schmeckles to read it. But I won't because I'm in a generous mood.
So without boring you any longer, dive through the Movie Pilot portal into the zany, burp-fuelled, profanity-dropping, universe-hopping world of Rick and Morty below.
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 News & Rumors
'Rick And Morty' Digital Collectable Cards Now Available On Quidd
So, you're twiddling your thumbs and constantly searching for news on Rick and Morty Season 3. Over. And over. But confirmation of the release date never comes. Well, to ease the passage of time, Quidd has produced the perfect distraction for those idle hands, adding Rick and Morty to their collection of collectable digital trading cards! There is a God!
If you download the app from Quidd.co, you'll be able to keep the obsession levels at maximum as you trade with other fans, and talk about all things schwifty from the immediate comfort of your smartphone. Ohh yeeeah.
Work Begins On Voice Recording!
Adult Swim Australia Post The Exclusive Opening Scene For Rick And Morty Season 3!!
How. Uncontrollably. Exciting. Adult Swim Australia have have posted the exclusive video below with the caption: "Rejoice! It's finally here!"
But. Wait... GOD DAMN IT ADULT SWIM. Looks like millions have been "Rick Rolled" (get it), the heartless squanches. Below the video, they added the sassy comment:
"Our sincerest apologies, there appears to have been a technical issue with our editing program we will attend to this as quickly as possible."
Unforgivable. The wait continues.
Further Update On The Release Date From Dan Harmon... In... Autotune... They're Drawing It!
Creator Dan Harmon Talks The 'Rick And Morty' Season 3 Delay
The wait. The never ending wait. It feels like Season 3 has been bobbing on the horizon for an eternity, with no announcement of an official release date in sight. Unfortunately, that doesn't look to change in the near future after co-creator Dan Harmon shared details of when we can expect more inter-dimensional goodness.
Does This Awesome 8-Bit Intro Tease A Video Game Episode?
The incredible reimagining of the intro scene above looks like fan art perfection, but was officially released by #AdultSwim — could this be a tease for a full, 8-bit video-game inspired episode in Rick and Morty Season 3?
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Premiere Date
The uncertainty of the #RickandMorty Season 3 premier date is enough to cause a split in time. The premiere date has been teased numerous times, shifting back further and further... and further. Originally rumored to premiere at the end of 2016, but that time has been and gone.
However, the recent release of a teaser from Rick and Morty Season 3 suggests that Adult Swim are getting closer and closer. Perfection takes time, after all. And don't worry, as soon as we know, you'll know.
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Trailer
No actual clips have yet been released, and that includes the Rick and Morty Season 3 trailer. However, if the withdraw symptoms are getting too extreme, check out the clip below: Justin Roiland has voiced the legendary court transcript of State of Georgia Vs. Denver Fenton Allen. Admittedly it's not the same as the full show, but it helps:
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Plot
The climax of Season 2 saw the Galactic Federation finally catch up with Rick Sanchez, after they hide undercover. During her wedding to Birdperson, Tammy reveals herself as an undercover agent, and claims Rick, Birdperson and Squanchy are terrorists of the organization.
Although Rick ends Season 2 in chains, it's unlikely the Rick and Morty Season 3 plot will spend too much time focusing on his escape, with Dan Harmon explaining that things will return to normal "pretty quickly."
The structure of the plot will change, too. As well as additional episodes (Season 3 will have 14 in total) certain narratives will run through the season, a change from the earlier two seasons where each episode was standalone (with occasionally, loose-fitting callbacks).
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Cast
The core of the voice actors who have added life to the animation will return, including co-creator himself, Justin Roiland. The Rick and Morty Season 3 cast consists of:
- Justin Roiland: As well as co-creating with Dan Harmon, Roiland voices both Rick AND Morty. Impressive.
- Sarah Chalke: The Canadian actress, who also played Dr. Elliot Reid on Scrubs, voices Rick's daughter, Beth Smith.
- Chris Parnell: The voice of Jerry Smith is provided by Parnell, who also voiced for Archer and was a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1998 - 2006.
- Spencer Grammer: In addition to Rick and Morty, Grammer has appeared in college romcom Greek. She is also the daughter of Fraiser's Kelsey Grammar.
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Characters
Roiland and Harmon aren't only comedy geniuses, they're also creative masterminds. As well as the Roiland voiced universe-exploring duo, there are riches of recurring and one-off characters who are all as equally as bizarre and intriguing as the rest.
Although nothing has been confirmed with regards to Rick and Morty Season 3 characters, the core group will remain. These include:
- Rick Sanchez: He's the uhhhh... the guy who... *buuuurrppps* his way through most sentences. He's an alcoholic genius who travels through dimensions for the thrill and uses his intelligence for questionable uses. Oh, and he drags his nephew Morty along for the thrill.
- Morty Smith: Despite the close relation, Morty is almost the complete opposite of his grandfather; unassured, anxious and constantly questioning his place in the universe, the 14-year-old of Earth C-137 dimension is makes an unlikely partner for Rick.
- Beth Smith: She's Rick's daughter, whose unconditional love for him sometimes causes her to turn a blind-eye to his antics. Her story arc generally follows her dissatisfaction with her husband, Jerry, and a general malaise at how her life turned out.
- Jerry Smith: Ah, Jerry. He's generally inept, unemployed and harbors resentment toward Rick. The feeling is also mutual. He's always seen as incompetent and often a the cause of problems. In a nutshell, he's an idiot, but at least he finally got a job by the end of Season 2.
- Summer Smith: A typical teen in many ways, Summer is often caught complaining about trivial things in the show, relating to high school and other such Earth-based matters. She does also occasionally join Rick and Morty in their misadventures, with mixed results.
- Mr. Poopy Butthole: A long time family friend, Mr. Poopy Butthole has been involved in Rick and Morty's travels right from the pilot all the way to the very end. Often there to be relied upon, he's the glue who manages to hold the dysfunctional family together.
- Mr. Meeseeks: I'M MR. MEESEEKS, LOOK AT MEEEE!!! Roiland has promised he'll try and get the not-so-transient wish-fulfillers to return again. Mr Meeseek, can you make Season 3 hurry up, please?
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Review & Recap
As soon as Rick and Morty Season 3 is up and running, you'll be treated to some extra special reviews and recaps, all for your reading pleasure. Apparently there's an app for it. Or some sort of robot.
Until then though, how about a journey back in time, to some of the best pop-culture references (such as The Purge above) from Season 1 and Season 2?
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Preview & Promos
Most of the Rick and Morty Season 3 preview and promotional material is still tightly under wraps, however, to raise the levels of expectation even more, check out the above cheeky sneak peek. Even Rick seems distressed in this clip, but what could it mean?
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Spoilers
Jeeeez, I hope we don't see too many Rick and Morty Season 3 spoilers, but you know, shit does happen. Anyway, once potential plots or story arcs do make it, all those spoilers will be stored here.
A little preview before the show airs: Rick will break out of prison. Come on, you didn't expect anything less did you? Really? Well, there's more to it; perhaps Evil Morty has a role to play, and will instigate Rick's downfall. Perhaps.
PS: THEY ALL DIE. EVERYONE DIES. Apart from Jerry. Jerry lives.
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Spinoff
Although there are an abundance of characters that would make incredible protagonists of their own show, and lots of quirky universes to explore, Roiland and crew haven't announced any plans for a spinoff show as of yet. Give them a break, it's hard enough making one show, right?
Although that being said, this guy could have something going on in an alternate universe. Possibly. Ooooh weeeee.
'Rick and Morty' Season 3 Theories
Due to the vast nature of the animated world to explore, there are a huge amount of interesting Rick and Morty theories. Below is a mixture of retrospective looks back to previous episodes, and speculation on the upcoming Season 3. These include:
- Rick is actually Morty from another dimension.
- Morty is a parallel Morty from another universe.
- Rick and Morty share a universe with Gravity Falls.
- Rick is aware he's in a TV show.
- The show could be hiding a big secret.
If you're really bored, you can read in-depth breakdown of why and how Mr. Poopybutthole actually told Rick a horrifying truth, that could change the future of the show, but probably won't.
There's also a theory that none of the above theories are correct.
Where To Watch 'Rick and Morty' Online
So, you've read through everything anticipated for Season 3, and you're raring for some more. Well, whether you want to watch the full episodes again, or you haven't fully caught up to speed, you can watch Rick and Morty online on Hulu in the US, or Interdimension Cable (depending on what universe you're in, obviously).
'Rick and Morty' Merchandise
I could tell you about Rick and Morty merchandise, namely, the plumbus. But everyone has a plumbus. And since the episode aired telling everyone how they make the plumbus (instigating the fleeb controversy) there's really no point.