2017 has started off remarkably strong for #Disney, with the studio continuing to pull in fantastic numbers at the box office. This was all thanks to a number of hot new releases, including the latest #StarWars adventure #RogueOne, which has managed to top US box office sales four weekends in a row.
The sci-fi origins film made $155 million domestically in its opening weekend, followed by $64 million, $49 million and finally $21 this past weekend.
- Disney's 'Rogue One' Ticket Sales Smash Universal's Domestic Box Office Record
- 'Rogue One' Box Office Reaches $615m Worldwide And Looks Set To Leapfrog 'Zootopia' Domestically
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Just Pulled Off A Huge Box Office Surprise
All The Records!
Rogue One hasn't just hit a winning streak with box office weekends— it's been ranking high with various box office records left right and centre, including the amazing achievement of being the 12th highest grossing opening day of all time. Take a look at the film's accomplishments so far:
1. The Second-Highest Domestic Grossing Film Of 2016
Rogue One ranked closely behind Finding Dory for 2016, making an impressive $477 million— and that's with a release just two weeks before the end of the year!
2. The Second-Highest Domestic Grossing 'Star Wars' Movie
While it certainly doesn't compare to The Force Awakens' $936 million, Rogue One certainly left its mark on the franchise.
3. ...And The Third-Highest Grossing 'Star Wars' Film Worldwide
Creeping up to The Phantom Menace, which holds second place with $1 billion globally, Rogue One's $914 million worldwide sales aren't too far off. Of course, The Force Awakens reigns supreme with a ridiculous $2 billion worldwide. But Rogue One still boasts more than $700 million profit against its $200 million production budget.
4. Helping Disney To Smash The Box Office Records
As predicted, #Disney blew Universal's previous box office record right out of the water, setting a new record for domestic ($2.7 billion) and worldwide (7 billion) ticket sales— largely due to Rogue One's stellar success.
Can't get enough of Rogue One? Check out our Easter Eggs video!