Author has caused widespread heartbreak by leaking a vital event of her upcoming Bridget Jones novel: Mr Darcy is dead.
The new book Mad About The Boy begins with Bridget a 51-year old single mother to Mabel and Billy and having it off with a 20-something chap called Roxster that she met on Twitter. Hubby Mark Darcy is sadly deceased, although the circumstances surrounding his demise are unclear.
As the end of a romantic era looms, we celebrate five things that made Mark Darcy great.
1) His impact on pop culture: see the marvellous article at Jezebel).
2) His smouldering romanticism.
3) His ability to emotionally effect millions of fans.
4) His mastery of affectionate glances at a love interest.
5) His lovely Christmas jumpers.
Mr Darcy is dead, long live Mr Darcy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and break the news to my Mum.