After your weekly fix of #TheWalkingDead, you're no doubt thirsty for more, and luckily for us, AMC provides us with just enough previews and promos to make it through the next zombie-less seven days.
Following the screening of the latest episode, AMC released a short 30 second promo for the upcoming episode, as well a slightly longer preview scene. Below you'll find a list of all The Walking Dead Season 7 promos and previews as they are released. Be sure to check back weekly to keep up to date:
Rick urges others to help his group in the fight for freedom in a promo for Season 7b
The latest promo may be short and sweet, but it gives us a total taste of what we can expect from the second half of The Walking Dead Season 7!
Dramatic music plays the length of this short video as we see images of our favorite characters flash across the screen. Meanwhile in a voice over, the unmistakeable voice of Rick Grimes implores someone to "join us in fight for freedom for all of us." It's almost like a campaign video for Rick, but while it's edited to make it seem like he's asking the audience to join his cause, in reality we know it must be another community leader - perhaps The Kingdom's eccentric Ezekiel, maybe Hilltop's cowardly Gregory, or even the staunch Natania from Oceanside? Or maybe, just maybe, it's someone we haven't even met yet? Either way I hope Negan's quaking in his boots because Rick Grimes is back.
The gang begins to rise up in the promo for the second half of Season 7
After finally coming back together and forming a plan to take on the Saviors in Episode 8, the promo for Season 7b has landed and the tables seem to have turned in Rick's favor. Let's a take a look at everything that the promo shows us:
- We seen images of Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom as Rick stands before Ezekiel in the Kingdom (surrounded by Jesus, Rosita, Daryl, Sasha and Michonne) pleading his case "Alexandria, the Hilltop and the Kingdom, our communities have something in common. We all served the Saviors."
- A voice over of Richard continues "we already started this, and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Together we can beat them. Set things right. The time is now."
- Meanwhile we see a whole of drama unfolding. First Rick and Michonne are crouched in the forest, looking poised to begin something. Then we see Rosita, Michonne, Aaron, Tara and Rick cautiously looking around as they make their way through an abandoned area.
- We see someone wearing armor from the Kingdom coming face-to-face with two cars of Saviors.
- Morgan's mentee, Benjamin is spotted out in the forest looking scared, while Carl and an unseen person are clamoring to get inside a car surrounded by walkers.
- Negan's right hand man Simon (Steven Ogg) pops up, smacking the side of his truck.
- Rick looks like he's involved in a high stakes, high speed car chase!
- Ezekiel, Morgan, Richard and some other Saviors draw weapons against a Savior.
- Daryl absolutely goes to TOWN on someone — the fists are flying!
- Rick tells Ezekiel "join us in fighting them."
- As the promo ends we see a disturbed looking Rick turn around to find what looks to be either some sort of monster... Or an armor-covered walker. Where the hell is he?!
Damn, how good does the second half of Season 7 look?!
Communities collide in the promo for Episode 8 "Hearts Still Beating"
Things get tense and the stakes are high in the promo for Episode 8, "Hearts Still Beating." It seems that although Negan has arrived at Alexandria, we're still going to be seeing other communities throughout the episode as well, including the Kingdom. Here's a breakdown of the promo:
- Rosita looks at the bullet Eugene made her
- The Saviors open the doors to a truck or car returning to Alexandria
- The Saviors look over the supplies brought in by Spencer.
- We travel to the Kingdom where Richard is talking to Morgan and have the following exchange:
Richard: "I know what the Saviors are, and I know what they do. They cannot be trusted.
Morgan: "What exactly are you asking?"
Richard: "If we don't do something now things will go bad, and when they do we'll lose everything"
- Olivia, Judith, Carl and a fresh-faced Negan share an awkward lemonade drinking experience.
- Daryl is making his big escape from the cells of the Sanctuary.
- It looks as though Rick and Aaron are attempting to cross the pond of walkers to try and reach possible supplies.
- Michonne continues to hold her driver hostage in order to get close to the Saviors' base, but when they stop Michonne seems surprised by where she finds herself.
- Richard hides himself in a structure in the forest.
- The Saviors pack up supplies that Aaron and Rick have collected.
- And Negan shows off his clean shaven face as he walks away from a devastated and teary Rick.
Olivia and Tara make lemonade out of lemons in the sneak peek for Episode 8 "Hearts Still Beating"
With Negan back in Alexandria, Olivia's torment continues. However luckily this time Tara comes to her aid after finding a can of lemonade mix that used to belong to Denise. Seeing Olivia's fragile mental state, Tara offers to take over her duties though her offer is turned down with Olivia adamant she follows through on her promise to Rick to care for Judith in his absence. The sneak peek ends with Olivia telling Tara to leave, as she turns to enter and sit down with her tormenter.
Negan lays down the law and Rick and Aaron explore in the promo for Episode 7, "Sing Me a Song"
Next week we've got the penultimate episode of the first half of Season 7 and it looks like it'll be filled with tension. Here's everything the promo for Episode 7, "Sing Me A Song" shows us:
- Rick and Aaron are still out on their supply run and sleeping in the back of a truck, but look to have been woken up by something — who or what is left unseen.
- Michonne is off on a mission outside the walls (as seen in the sneak peek below)
- Rosita and Eugene are about to leave the walls of Alexandria, probably to begin clearing out the factory ready to make bullets. Meanwhile Spencer watches them go.
- Jesus (and therefore probably Carl) arrives at the gates of Negan's sanctuary.
- Daryl still looks like a broken man and Dwight also looks uneasy.
- Rick and Aaron jump a gate which warns against trespassers.
- Negan gives his Saviors a speech, apparently explaining why all the violence is necessarily, telling them "We survive, we provide security, we bring civilization back to this world. Rules are what make it all work. There is always a cost. We are the Saviors."
- Jesus bails out of the back of the truck, and presumably hides as it carries on through the gates of the compound.
Michonne goes on a solo mission in the sneak peek for Episode 7, "Sing Me a Song"
It's well known that creator of The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman is a major fan of cult series The Wire, with Merrit Wever (Denise), Chad L. Coleman (Tyrese) Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel), Lawrence Gilliard Jr (Bob Stokey) and many more all having appeared in the show before The Walking Dead. And now it appears like the show itself is playing a cool homage the character of to The Wire in the upcoming Episode 7.
In the Episode 7 sneak peek, Michonne walks down a deserted country road whistling "The Farmer in the Dell," a song which Wire fans will remember was frequently whistled by Omar Little as he walked the streets of Baltimore inspiring panic. Michonne herself isn't exactly harmlessly whistling the song, instead she's using the noise to draw out walkers which she then brutally strikes down with her trusty katana.
Although we get to see Michonne in action in the sneak peek, what is a little less obvious is where she's going, and who she might end up with. Is she headed to the Hilltop, Negan's base? Or is she simply trying to clear her head after the chaotic events of the last season?
A glimpse at the last three episodes of the first half of Season 7
AMC have mixed it up with the promos this week, choosing to release a promo for the remaining three episodes of Season 7a, instead of a promo specifically focussed on Episode 6.
Here's what the promo reveals for the next three episodes:
- We'll be returning to the Saviors base for at least part of an episode - likely Episode 7, "Sing Me A Song."
- The Saviors will also return to Alexandria for a supply pick up, most probably in the mid-season finale, Episode 8, "Hearts Still Beating."
- Tara is hiding from someone in the woods, a scene almost certainly from Episode 6, "Swear."
- Someone else visits Carol.
- We return to Morgan and the Kingdom, where a member claims someone "cannot be trusted."
- We follow Aaron and Rick on a high stakes supply run
- Tara and Heath encounter a new threat and new people
- Rosita tells Eugene that she's willing to pay whatever price to get back at the Saviors, and it looks like bullet manufacturing might begin!
Tara and Heath hit tough times in the Sneak Peek for Episode 6, "Swear"
After many rumors it looks like we're definitely getting a Tara and Heath-centric episode for Episode 6, "Swear." The sneak peek shows an entire scene between the pair inside the caravan they took way back in Season 6, Episode 12, during which, Heath reveals that it's only been two weeks since the pair left the group for their supply run. Boy, a lot can happen in two weeks!
Unfortunately things don't look good for the scavengers, who are low on gas, supplies and morale. While Tara is still focussed on looking for supplied for the group, it appears that the attack on the Saviors outpost deeply affected Heath, who has come to the realization that the new world means it's every man for himself.
Things get dangerous at the Hilltop in the promo for Episode 5, "Go Getters"
The promo for The Walking Dead Episode 5 indicates that the Saviors aren't finished wrecking havoc for the various communities, and this time they're paying visit to Hilltop.
Though short, the clip reveals that both Maggie and Sasha have made their way to Hilltop, but that doesn't mean they're safe, with Hilltop leader Gregory angry that Rick seems to have put the community at risk. In addition to all that it looks like we'll be getting another Enid and Carl storyline, with that driver smashing into a zombie looking a little like they're wearing a wide brimmed hat - what do you think, is Carl off on a road trip with Enid?
Michonne talks with Carl in the Sneak Peek for Episode 5, "Go Getters"
Though most of Episode 5 is hinted to be taking place at the Hilltop, the episode sneak peek takes place between Carl and Michonne back home in Alexandria.
After Rick explained to Michonne the importance of submitting to Negan in Episode 4, it looks like Michonne is basically telling Carl to listen to his father - though doesn't exactly seem sure about it herself. The sneak peek also indicated that both Rick and Michonne are outside (or soon to be outside) the walls of Alexandria, leaving Carl without a parental guardian and the perfect opportunity to embark on his own journey with Enid, as indicated in the promo clip above.
Rick Submits To Negan In The Promo For Episode 4, 'Service'
Bad things look to be in store for the residents of Alexandria in The Walking Dead Episode 4, "Service." In the quick, 30-second promo, we see Negan shows up to the community for his collection of supplies, and he even brings poor Daryl with him:
As the men ransack Alexandria, the promo flashes to what is likely a town meeting where Rick tells the crowd "there is no way out of this. I'm not in charge any more — Negan is." Damn, it really does sound like Rick's been broken — but does he really feel that way or is it all a show?
Meanwhile, we see Rosita hiding from someone in the forest, and a very upset-looking Michonne possibly standing on the Alexandria lookouts and armed with a rifle — perhaps about to unleash hell on the Saviors?
Negan Arrives At Alexandria In The Sneak Peek For Episode 4, 'Service'
The sneak peek for Episode 4 has been released, and finally we're headed back to Alexandria, where it looks like most of the group that faced Negan in Episode 1 have returned.
The sneak peek shows Eugene tinkering with a radio when Rosita and Spencer roll up looking to leave for supplies for Negan. However, as the pair talk with Eugene, Negan and his men arrive outside the gates with what sounds like a ton of vehicles. As the scene ends, Negan — who has arrived for the collection much earlier than expected — hums Beethoven's 5th symphony and knocks on the gate, waiting to be let in.
Dwight And Daryl Talk In A Sneak Peek For Episode 3, "The Cell"
The latest promo for Episode 3 shows Daryl back at the Saviors compound talking with his old buddy Dwight. After watching several other presumed prisoners struggling with walkers outside the fences of the Saviors compound, Dwight offers Daryl a choice: commit to him and the Saviors or end up a prisoner, or worse - dead.
To read more about this clip, take a look here: New Clip From The Walking Dead Episode 3 Shows Dwight Offering Daryl A Choice
Daryl Is A Broken Man In The Promo For Episode 3, 'The Cell'
After being removed from Rick's group in Episode 1, the promo for Episode 3, "The Cell" gives us a glimpse of Daryl's life as Negan's prisoner. Poor Daryl already looked more animal than man in the premiere episode, and it doesn't seem like life is any easier for him back at the Saviors base.
In addition to Episode 3 being about Daryl, it looks like we might also get some more Dwight time with much of the promo focussing on the Savior. It could even be possible that Episode 3 contains a flashback which would finally explain exactly how he got those scars - we can only hope.
See Inside Negan's Compound In The Episode 3 Sneak Peek
After a long wait it looks like we're finally about to see inside Negan's compound in the next episode of The Walking Dead. During the sneak peek for Episode 3, "The Cell" we don't get much of a look inside, but we do get to see the elaborate security system the compound has in place around the perimeter. By tethering and impaling walkers around the outside of the compound and adding a mixture of concrete barriers, Negan and his Saviors have a rather thorough way of protecting their home. Though unfortunately at the sneak peek shows, it does require some brave souls to go out periodically for maintenance.
The Kingdom Revealed In Episode 2 Sneak Peek
After the premiere episode focussed on the 11 characters knelt before Negan, it looks like we're about to see a whole new community in Episode 2, "The Well." During the sneak peek we rejoin Morgan and an injured Carol who is still obviously dealing with the wounds sustained at the end of Season 6.
As Morgan wheels Carol around, we see that this new community has an elaborate and established set up, with huge gardens and Morgan tells Carol how he's been helping the community while Carol has been recovering. The sneak peeks ends with Morgan revealing the man in charge of the Kingdom calls himself 'King Ezekiel' and "does his own thing," to which a confused Carol replies "uh, what does that mean?" A good question really, but one that I guess we'll get the answer to when Episode 2 airs on October 30.
Gorey Sneak Peek For The Premiere Episode
With just under two weeks to go, AMC released what is probably the final piece of footage ahead of the Season 7 premiere. The footage dropped during New York Comic Con and stunned audiences when it revealed that Rick had survived Negan (at least for now), though was obviously a broken man after watching one of his group beaten to death in front of him. The scene ends with Negan dragging Rick into his RV, and the camera panning down to what's left of the victim - nothing more than bloody pulp.
TV Spot For Season 7
In their ongoing series of TV spots, AMC released a 30-second promo which contained a mixture of old and new footage. While we saw much of the footage in the Comic Con trailer, there was also new footage of Dwight wrestling with walkers, Morgan holding a gun next to a woman equipped with a bow and arrow, as well as Negan firing an automatic weapon, and uttering the haunting line "the thing is I am everywhere."
For a break down of this TV spot, take a look over here: Negan Is 'Everywhere' In Menacing New TV Spot for 'The Walking Dead' Season 7
TV Spot For Season 7 Premiere
Released at the end of August, AMC have begun airing new promos for Season 7, one of which was caught by Instagram user Jav313. While most of the footage in the promo comes from the trailer, there was a new piece of footage of Negan (seen after "new rules" flashes on screen) walking and playfully swinging around Lucille. The editing team also seem to have accidentally left in a watermark over this new piece of Negan footage in their haste to release it.
Preview Of Season 7 Premiere
Mysteriously dressed in Daryl's angel wing leather vest, our first sneak peek of Season 7 was footage from the premiere episode of Dwight cruising down the road on a motorcycle. After approaching a road that goes underneath an overpass, Dwight is confronted with a bunch of walkers who seem to have been severely injured prior to death. The clip ends as he seems to notice something to do with one of the walkers, and parks the motorcycle to get a closer look.
For a more in-depth look into this sneak peek, check out: Brand New 'Walking Dead' Sneak Peek Has Got Us Seriously InVESTed in Season 7