HBO is taking its hit fantasy TV series to new levels of entertainment grandeur. The premium cable network has announced the musical tour of a lifetime to bring #GameOfThrones to the world in an entirely new and exciting adventure. In an epic journey that will traverse over 11,000 miles, the event will bring fans closer to the hit fantasy series than they've ever could've imagined before.
On February 20th, #HBO Global Licensing will launch the Game Of Thrones: Live Concert Experience in partnership with Live Nation. The intrepid project will finally see fruition after three years in development under the direction of Thrones' master composer, Ramin Djawadi.
The experience is being described as an immersive feast for the senses that will bring the fantastic realm of Westeros to fans all over the country. Using state-of-the-art technology, Djawadi and his team will take fans on the journey of a lifetime; from the war scorned walls of King's Landing to the frozen north of Winterfell, The Wall, the Narrow Sea, Bravos, Meereen and other iconic locations.
The scope of it is astonishing, and a handy infographic was just released to break down the numbers:
The tour will kick off in Minneapolis, MN on February 20, 2017. The stage extravaganza will make stops in 24 cities across North America and Canada.
- 2/20: Minneapolis, MN - Xcel Energy Center
- 2/22: Chicago, IL - United Center
- 2/23: Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
- 2/25: Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun
- 2/26: Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
- 3/01: Washington, DC - Verizon Center
- 3/03: Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
- 3/04: Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
- 3/06: Boston, MA - TD Bank Garden
- 3/07 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- 3/09 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
- 3/11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
- 3/12 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena
- 3/14 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
- 3/16 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
- 3/17 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
- 3/19 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
- 3/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
- 3/25 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
- 3/26 - Phoenix, AZ - TalkingStick Resort Arena
- 3/29 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center
- 3/31 - Seattle, WA - Key Arena
- 4/1 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
- 4/2 - Portland, OR - Moda Center
One last concept animation reel for you to blow your mind:
Tickets for the show are available now via TicketMaster and can be purchased HERE.
Will you be purchasing your once in a lifetime ticket to see Ramin Djawadi bring to life the Song of Ice and Fire?