When you're on top, you're on top, and #TheWalkingDead is ruling the ratings like Negan crushing his mawkish underlings. Despite its popularity, The Walking Dead has seen steadily declining views since the phenomenally successful Season 7 premiere. Check out the numbers:
- S07E01 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be": 17.03 million
- S07E02 "The Well": 12.46 million
- S07E03 "The Cell": 11.72 million
- S07E04 "Service": 11.40 million
Maybe it's the fact that Negan is so intensely irritating that's putting viewers off? The sheer length of time were kept waiting to find out who he killed in S07E01 has set a precedent for The Walking Dead keeping things going a little too long. God knows how long we're gonna have to put up with this grinning, shit-eating asshole for.
- George Romero Says The Walking Dead Messed Up Zombie Horror
- Just Crazy Enough To Work: All The Best Walking Dead Fan Theories In One Place
- The Walking Dead Season 7 Preview And Promos For Each And Every Episode
You know you're doing good when you're decelerating but still sitting like a queen on top of the competition. Still, there's been a lot of (mostly unavoidable) exposition in The Walking Dead this season, so let's hope that the pace picks up soon. When TWD is hot, it's on FIRE, and that's the show we love.