Now, while much of the #SuicideSquad-related talk of late has centered on the film's imminently-arriving Extended Cut, it's worth noting that the original, released-in-theaters version of the movie is also on its way to Digital HD and Blu-Ray in the near future. What's more, when it finally arrives (digitally on November 15, and on Blu-Ray December 13), it'll bring a whole host of new Squad-related material right along with it. We just don't know exactly what that new material will consist of. Or, rather, we didn't know.
Thanks to the film's recent listing on iTunes and Apple TV's storefronts, however...
We Finally Know What Secrets Suicide Squad's Digital HD Release Will Be Hiding
And, as it turns out, there'll be some intriguing stuff buried in there. The full list is below, but suffice to say it includes the now-seemingly-mandatory gag reel, what seems likely to be an attempt from #DC at justifying #HarleyQuinn and #TheJoker's fundamentally messed up relationship, and a nine minute-long look at how director #DavidAyer managed to create an "authentically surreal world." Along (hopefully) with an explanation of just what the heck that means. You can take a look at the list for yourself, though, right...well, here, actually:
- Task Force X: One Team, One Mission (23:06) – Discover the rich legacy of DC’s most infamous bad guys.
- Chasing the Real (09:35) – Writer/director David Ayer reveals techniques for creating an authentic surreal world.
- Joker & Harley: The “It” Couple of the Underworld (14:27) – She’s rotten. He’s damaged. They’re a match made in hell.
- Squad Strength and Skills (09:01) – How’d they whip themselves into shape? Get the inside story.
- Armed to the Teeth (11:46)
- This Is Gonna Get Loud (10:53)
- The Squad Declassified (04:18)
- Gag Reel (02:03)
- Sucker For Pain (04:57) – Music Video
All of which seems to be both a recipe for some fascinating viewing for those who loved the film, and a deeply unsatisfactory night in for everyone who hated it. But, then again, that's special features for you. Who knows, though — maybe some of that missing Joker footage will turn up in that "Joker & Harley" segment, and #JaredLeto can finally rest safe in the knowledge that we've all seen him going "full weirdo" on camera.
Or, y'know, it won't, and Leto'll have a horrifying psychological break and start hunting down real-life Batmen.
Is it too late to give #WarnerBros. a heads up, do you think?
The big question now, though? What do you think? What new material will we see on Suicide Squad's Digital HD and Blu-Ray release? Let us know below!