Stanley Kubrick plays with his "shinny" new toys in Phillip Ellering's tribute to "Geniuses at Work".
The Yong Guns of Print features 18 up and coming artists each two or more painting on various themes.
The artists and the themes they explore are:
- Ale Giorgini – ‘Greetings From Los Angeles’
- Andrew Kolb – ‘Mused on Tattoos’
- Bruce Yan – ‘Tribute to Animation’
- Florey – ‘Busted’
- JP Valderrama – ‘The 27 Club’
- Khoa Ho – ‘Superheroes Past and Present’
- Marie Bergeron – ‘Tribute to Tim Burton’
- Mark Lone – ‘Creatures’
- Mark Reihill – ‘Hunters’
- Marko Manev – ‘Tribute to Lord of the Rings’
- Matt Ferguson – ‘It’s the End of the Word As I Know It (And I Feel Fine)’
- Matthew Johnson – ‘Tribute to Harry Potter’
- Paul Shipper – ‘Alternative Movie Posters’
- Peter Gutierrez – ‘Mechanically Acclaimed’
- Phillip Ellering – ‘Geniuses at Work’
- Tim Anderson – ‘Harrison Ford Gun Show’
- Tim Jordan – ‘Bettie’’
- Zeb Love – ‘Emblems’
The exhibit opens Friday September 20 in Los Angeles and will go online Saturday September 21.
Learn more and buy stuff online at www.herocomplexgallery.com.
The variations on a theme include Paul Shipper's "Alternative Movie Posters" with three Cloud Atlas sheets that features the clone revelations of Sonmi 451, the characters that populate journalist Luisa Rey search for answers regarding a nuclear reactor mishap, and the cast assembled around Adam Ewing and his association with a composer trying to complete a symphony.
This Beetlejuice print is part of Marie Bergeron's tribute to Tim Burton
Alex Giorgini takes on the Die Hard cast in one of his "Greeting From Los Angeles" pieces.
This Incredibles family portrait is part of Bruce Yan's "Tribute to Animation".
This Road Warrior piece is a reflection by Matt Ferguson on "It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)".
The DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol was Hans Solo's weapon of choice in the Star Wars movies.
Plus totally unrelated to the above is this new Dave Perillo Raiders of the Lost Ark officially licensed sheet from Acme Archives which goes on sale September 26th.
Follow them on twitter @Acme Archives.
For more posters, trailers, reviews, entertainment news and commentaries see my blog.