This is my list of Marvel's Powerful Heroes, I know that a lot of people may disagree with some of my choices, and I'll agree it depends on when the comic was written, who's alive, who's dead and sometimes who the writer is.
This is my list of the Strongest Heroes, and how I would hope to see them fit into their film franchises.
Like all Asgardians he is long lived, his powers include extreme strength, partial invulnerability, resistance to magics, and with the use of his hammer, Mjolnir, he can summon the elements of weather (rain, wind, snow and most common lightning.)
He has appeared in two of his own films, and in Avengers thus far, but we are assuming he'll reappear for Avengers 2 and 3, and a Thor 3.
Things I want to see:
1. The Enchantress; one of Thor's greatest villains.
2. Beta Ray Bill; one of the few characters who can also wield Mjolnir.
3. A final showdown between Thor and Loki, and I can't come up with a conclusion other than Loki's death. Especially if he really has killed Odin.
4. Thor, realizing where he belongs, and takes the throne of Asgard.
The son of the Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic, his first appearance was in 1968, only seven years after the Fantastic Four made their first appearance. So he's basically been around forever, It would be really fun to see him appear in the Fantastic Four reboot.
He's actually born with his abilities, and even though his parents are super-humans he is actually born a mutant, like the X-Men, but unlike most mutants whose powers manifest around puberty Franklin's powers manifested before he could walk., and is actually one of the strongest mutants Xavier has ever come in contact with. His powers include: telepathy, telekinesis, reality warping, and pre-cognition.
Things I'd like to see:
1. Franklin could be introduced at the end of movie 2, acknowledging that the Invisible Woman is pregnant, he then could be see on screen in movie 3 as a toddler.
2. The pre-cog powers would be cool and could be kind of creepy to see if he were drawing pictures of things before they happened, like the death of the FF. I know that's not really new in the form of cinema, but it could introduce a creepy dark side of superhero movies we've not seen before within Marvel. Maybe he could even be the villain in the opening of the movie. The FF realizing his huge powers and trying to get a handle on it.
3. I keep picturing Jack-Jack from The Incredibles, Franklin could be the unexpected aspect of the team that the villains didn't foresee and didn't plan for, and he comes to the rescue.
Black Bolt is the leader of the group of beings called the Inhumans. Millions of years ago the Kree Empire came to Earth during their eternal war with the Skrulls, the Kree experimented on primitive humans hoping to create an army to help them fight their war. Only abandoning the project because of a prophecy that one of the Inhumans would eventually destroy the Kree Empire.
Black Bolt can fly, has super-strength, and semi-invulnerability but his main power is pretty enormous, he has what is called a hypersonic voice, which means that even a small whisper from him could destroy a building, and at full scream his voice is equal to that of a nuclear blast.
Black Bolt himself is King of their society, and has a great supporting cast of the Royal Family, these characters are all tightly woven in to the Marvel Universe and all have their own individual extraordinary powers. The Inhumans would make a great movie.
Things I'd like to see:
1. How is this not already a movie? With so many different characters if it were done well it could be huge! Heck, if Guardians of the Galaxy can become a film where the average person doesn't know who they are, why not the Inhumans?
2. It would be a great way to introduce the Kree.
3. I would love to see Hulk and Black Bolt fight! Even thought I don't want to see the Inhumans portrayed as the villains, it would be fun. Heck, one of my favorite scenes in Avengers is Thor and Iron Man's quick fight!
4. His place in the Illuminati (a secret council made up of Mr. Fantastic, Namor, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Professor Xavier, and Black Bolt) ties directly into the recent stories about the Infinity Gauntlet where each of the Illuminati were given one of the Infinity Gems to protect. With the Infinity Gems already making appearances in our movies it would make sense if Black Bolt and the Inhumans are involved.
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
During the eternal war between the Kree and the Skrulls, and the strategic point of Earth between the two warring empires, the Kree left Captain Mar-Vell on Earth to keep watch and determine whether humans would get in the way.
He has an on again/off again relationship with Ms. Marvel, who he's also responsible for giving powers to.
Not only is he a military man, an established scientist, but his powers are extremely cosmic including: flight, cosmic energetic output, and extreme strength.
Things I'd Like to See:
1. I really do want to see the Avengers world grow outside of Earth. With the introduction of Mar-Vell and the Kree, I want to see an introduction of the shape shifting Skrulls.
2. He has ties to Thanos too, we could easily see him show up in Guardians of the Galaxy sequels, no sense in packing the Avengers films too full!
3. With his introduction we could finally get to see his love and the leading lady of the Avengers....
Carol Danvers is a very strong, independent woman. Before getting her powers she was a Captain in the Air Force. Her powers are similar to Captain Mar-Vell, because that is where her powers came from. She is one of my most favorite characters from the comics, so I may be a little bias, but she is amazing! Her cosmic powers are seriously powerful, she can fly, has superhuman strength and durability. She can also absorb nearly any kind of energy and then project that energy back out in force. She leads the Avengers in the absence of Iron Man and Captain America, she's had her own team of Avengers, she's an agent of SHIELD, and even has had training from the X-Men and Professor Xavier.
Things I'd Like to See:
1. She really needs her own movie. She deserves her own movie, and it needs to be tied into the Avengers team soon!!
2. Her cosmic powers make her look amazing, she would translate to the big screen amazingly well, and her powers would be visually, theatrically wonderful.
3. We need more super heroines in our movies, and Ms Marvel is the best choice! She's headstrong, powerful, can hold her own but most of all she could handle herself in a team full of strong, dominating men like Thor, Iron Man and Nick Fury.
We all know the Hulk's back story but let me skim over it quickly. Bruce Banner, a renowned scientist, is exposed to Gamma radiation. As a result he has the ability to become the large angry creature the Hulk.
The Hulk is one of the original members of the Avengers, although his time with the team is originally short-lived he leaves because he is unable to work well with others, even though he's come back many times when they've needed help.
His powers get stronger the more angrier he gets, but include super-strength, speed, immunity to diseases and magic, and extreme healing. He is the ultimate muscle of the Marvel Universe.
Things I'd like to see:
1. A solo Hulk movie! Planet Hulk is one of the Hulk's best stories. In this story the the Illuminati decides that the Hulk is too destructive for Earth (after he's recently destroyed half of Vegas) so they launch him into space in a small spacecraft for his and our protection. He lands on a planet where he is forced to fight in Gladiator entertainment. He ends up leading a rebellion and overthrowing the existing government, falling in love and having a child.
2. In the comics and cartoons we often get to see Banner and Hulk talk to one another, compromising on what they'll both allow the other to do. More of a Jekyll/Hyde or Gollum/Smeagull moments.
3. Another solo Hulk movie! After the events of Planet Hulk he heads back to Earth seeking vengeance on the Illuminati and Avengers, leading to the events of World War Hulk.
4. I really just want more Hulk. In Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon Hulk is around 95% of the time, as part of a deal he's made with Bruce Banner where Banner was only allowed to be Banner one day a month. I would love to see the Hulk sit and play cards with the other Avengers, the Hulk digging through the fridge. Everyday stuff, but could add some fun humorous moments.
PS - If you haven't watched the Planet Hulk cartoon movie, it's pretty awesome....AND it's on Netflix!
Let's ignore the fact that we had this character horribly done in the Fantastic Four sequel, he's one of the most powerful heroes there is! First of all he's an alien from a Utopian society, who he leaves his family and loved ones behind, never to see them again to protect his planet as a Herald of Galactus who devours planets like we would a hot dog.
Silver Surfer was given his powers by Galactus including: superhuman strength, senses, ability to absorb nearly any energy, and he can exist inside the vacuum of space, and can travel faster than light.
In the comics he brings Galactus to devour Earth but is stopped by the Fantastic Four who he decides to help. Galactus leaves Earth but banishes the Surfer to Earth leaving an invisible barrier only the Surfer can't pass. He, with Hulk, Dr. Strange and Namor create the superhero team the Defenders. Eventually he does leave Earth with the help of Mr. Fantastic, but finds that his home has been destroyed by Galactus.
Things I'd like to see:
1. He also has ties to the Guardians of the Galaxy, he's been captured by Thanos, and then Drax the Destroyer freed him. With their cosmic movie HOPEFULLY getting more than one installment it would be fun to see him show up, but without....
2. Galactus....no thanks! I don't think there's any good way to translate to the large screen. I hated how they did it as a huge dust cloud in Fantastic Four 2, but we also can't have the enormous purple crowned alien. Leave him out of anything in the future. Please.
3. If we are lucky enough to get a World War Hulk movie, it would be a great way to show off the Silver Surfer, he has a strong friendship with the Hulk in the comics, and could easily be introduced in a cosmic story like that one.
His origin is a fun one, he was found as a prisoner on the super villain prison the Raft. His alter ego Robert Reynolds had requested himself to be locked up because of his dark side - the Void. With the help of the X-Men and specifically psychic Emma Frost the Avengers learn that the psychic villain Mastermind had implanted the Sentry with a psychic virus that erased all memories of his existence across the planet.
The Sentry is basically Marvel's Superman. He can fly, has super strength, reflexes and invulnerability, healing factor, and telepathy. He can almost do anything BUT he has a huge drawback because of the Void that is inside of him.
Things I'd Like to See
1. As a repercussion of the psychic virus Sentry has split personalities. Sometimes he's not even any use to the Avengers because of how mentally ill he is.
2. Dr. Strange was helping Reynolds overcome his mental illnesses, it would be really great to see a superhero with so many powers, but also with such a huge problem, it would be fun to see him get the proper training to become a great hero.
3. I would love to see some fighting up in space. The Guardians of the Galaxy are being introduced, Iron Man, and Thor have already been introduced and they, like the Sentry, are some of the few heroes who can exist in the vacuum of space.
Dr. Strange has ties to the entire Marvel Universe, he is a must have in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As the Sorcerer Supreme and a former neurosurgeon he is one of the smartest and most powerful members of the Avengers.
Not only is he the master of magic, he can fly, and has extended longevity.
Things I'd Like to See
1. He has strong ties to characters as he's help train them with their powers and/or psychological powers such as the Sentry, Hulk and the Scarlet Witch. The Scarlet Witch being confirmed for Avengers 2. It would be great to see some sort of training for these heroes.
2. It would be really fun to see the mystical side of the Marvel Universe.
3. With his extended life span, as part of his powers, it could be fun to see an origin story that took place hundreds of years ago. I know that the character in the comics isn't that old, but I think it would be a different twist.
She may be the most powerful mutant in X-Men history, she's one of the few that is labelled "Omega Level". Originally she was a high level psychic with high level telekinetic abilities, a very rare combination. Her psychic powers were so powerful that Xavier put up psychic barriers in her mind until he could help her control all the levels of her powers.
In the comics the X-Men are in a shuttle crash coming back from space, when Jean breaks the barriers using her immense telekinetic powers to save her teammates lives. As her powers continue to grow she is absorbed by them and overwhelmed to the point where she destroys a couple of planets and millions of their innocent inhabitants. Her original sacrificial death is one of the best comic book stories ever written.
Things I'd Like to See:
1. I would like to see a young Jean Grey struggling with her powers. Hopefully as the First Class cast gets sequels we'll get to see Xavier's prized pupil join the ranks.
2. Jean has died and been resurrected so many times. I am still holding out for an adult Jean in the future scenes in DOFP.
3. I want to see the firebird in the background! In the films we've been teased it but not really actually....
So those are my Top 10! Marvel screenwriters take note! I want more movies, and more of my favorite characters!
Do you agree? Disagree? Who would you remove or add to the list?