My favorite classic movies about love & romance. And remember, a movie, like love, doesn't have to be perfect to be a perfectly blissful experience
1. A Place in the Sun (1951) - Poor boy Montgomery Clift commits an unspeakable act to be with socialite Elizabeth Taylor. Nobody said love was easy.
2. Two for the Road (1967) - Stanley Donen's bittersweet rumination on marriage stars a radiant Audrey Hepburn and an impossibly young Albert Finney.
3. The Great Gatsby (1974) - Robert Redford and Mia farrow as F. Scott Fitzgerald's ill-fated Jazz-Age lovers prove that you can look awfully good even in the throes of heartbreak.
4. One from the Heart (1982) - Terri Garr and Frederic Forrest fall in and out of love in Las Vegas. (Mostly in.)
5. Splendor in the Grass (1961) - High school sweethearts Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood get all hot and bothered, and their families don't like it one bit.
6. Goodbye, Columbus (1969) - Richard Benjamin finds his dream girl in Ali MacGraw. Or so he thinks.
7. Sparkle (1976) - Philip Michael Thomas wants to make shy-but-talented Irene Cara a singing star.
8. Vertigo (1958) - Alfred Hitchcock serves up romance the only way he knows how; with a major side of creepy. Starring James Stewart and Kim Novak.
9. The Sterile Cuckoo (1969) - Pushy Liza Minnelli insinuates herself into the life of introverted Wendell Burton. And he likes it!...for a while.
10. What's Up, Doc? (1972) - Ryan O'Neal and Barbra Streisand make eyes at one another in a romantic comedy that actually is.
Read more about these movies and other classic/cult films at Dreams are What Le Cinema is for