The Strain is coming to SXSW and it's offering a completely immersive experience.
FX's gruesome vampire horror show is based on the trilogy of novels from Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan and will debuting footage at the film festival in Austin, Texas later this month.
As well as blood-sucking footage, attendees will also be able to sample The Strain Transformation Station - which sounds like the coolest thing ever conceived. Basically, if all the vampy action gets a bit much, you can relax by taking 20-minute power naps inside custom-built Rejuvenation Pods which show footage of the show.
Here are the details:
“The Strain” Transformation Station
· Operating from March 7 through March 10, 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Located in the prominent downtown Austin location 419 Congress Ave. @ 5th Street
- A hostess will be on hand to book power-nap appointments in 10 Rejuvenation Pods with additional sitting area/lounge
- Appointments may also be booked ahead of time through this custom mobile site
- “The Strain” Vaccine (branded energy shots) will be distributed in and around the venue
- “The Strain” novels and special-edition comic books will be available for takeaway
I told you it was the greatest thing ever conceived.
(Source Bloody Disgusting)