In aniticipation of [Captain America: The Winter Soldier](movie:254973) 42 [completely random] reasons why Captain America: The First Avenger is awesome. Probably spoilerific.
1. A subtle Alien reference?
2. Cap's shield.
3. Indiana Jones feeling.
4. Hugo Weaving as Johann Schmidt
... in blue
... and red.
5. A sequence in a cinema.
6. A backyard fight.
7. The Winter Soldier.
8. Great change of scene.
9. A hidden Iron Man reference?
10. Stanley Tucci!
11. August alps panorama.
12. Toby Jones [is weird]
13. An obvious Matrix reference.
14. A record player & some classical music.
15. Nice setting.
16. Secret Passage behind behind a bookshelf.
17. Dominic Cooper als Howard Stark.
18. Adamantium - wait, what?!
19. Man of Steel.
20. What? Clark Kent is a German spy?!
21. A granny with a gun.
22. Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter. And that's just awesome!
23. Action with a cab.
24. A little boy. And he can swim!
25. Awesome submarine is awesome.
26. Crib sheets. Aha.
27. Cap kills Hitler.
28. Captain America comics in a Captain America movie.
30. Cap paints an ape.
31. Everything is cooler with lens flares.
32. Time is running out.
33. Epic of epic epicness.
34. A good meal.
35. Armee of darkness.
36. Awesome motorcycle is awesome.
37. A sad love story.
38. What's Star-Lord dooing here?!
39. A tragic farewell.
40. An obvious Alien reference?
41. Post-credits scene with Sam Jackson.
42. Marvellous credits.