We know very little about the sequel to Man of Steel, though we assume we know a lot. In this article I would like to clear a few details up.
Simple Timeline of What We Know:
- July 2013: The [Man of Steel](movie:15593) sequel was confirmed and the logo was revealed. Henry Cavill and the rest of the cast was confirmed to reappear. Release date set at July 17, 2015.
- August 2013: Ben Affleck was announced as Bruce Wayne/Batman.
- December 2013: Gal Gadot was announced as [Wonder Woman](movie:45787).
- January 2014: The release date of the movie is pushed back to May 6, 2016.
- January 2014: Jesse Eisenberg was announced as Lex Luthor. Jeremy Irons was announced as Alfred Pennyworth.
There have been complaints that the sequel is overcrowded, but we only know that there will be three heroes in it for sure. Now, there have been rumors, but those are for sparking ideas among fans on the internet. For example, Bryan Cranston was "confirmed" as Lex Luthor, but he was not cast. The Rock says that he will be in a DC movie filming in 2014, and speculation is the only activity that has been put out. In December, Variety reported that The Flash will make a cameo in the movie.
My point is that the movie is not overcrowded and my prediction is that the castings are not important for this movie but for the Justice League franchise. I have a feeling that on MARCH 28, 2014, we will get a picture of the Batsuit or an announcement of some sort like the Rock as Green Lantern or someone else.