OK- let me first say to my more enlightened readers, we know he won't touch another superhero movie. But, there is STILL speculation that he will, somehow, be involved with upcoming DC projects simply because he was "involved" in creating [Man of Steel](movie:15593).
First off, I bet you anything he only wrote an outline for MoS when he and Goyer caught the inevitable case of writers block when writing Batman Begins, he said he came up with a story while working on BB in an interview. And then probably just looked through a screenplay of that outline and said, "sure that'll work." He admitted that even though he was the producer of MoS, he pretty much let Zack Snyder* make all the calls. Just watch any interview of him on the subject, he'll smile, blush (because he knows that a producers job is just a bunch of BS), and say that he's letting Snyder take hold the mantle. He also isn't producing MoS 2 anymore.
*HAHA wait- that was Zack Snyder?
The only franchise he will touch right now is the Bond franchise. Let me repeat that. THE ONLY FRANCHISE HE WILL TOUCH IS THE BOND FRANCHISE. And he would make the best Bond film ever, better than every one before it, better than Casino Royale, better than [Skyfall](movie:36632) (my two favorites... I'd tell you that I loved GoldenEye but I think that'd ruin my credibility). If it were to happen the first thing that'd I'd ask is who would be his Bond?
But what if?
That's all just speculation, though.
What the general public seems to forget (sadly because they don't read* novels anymore) is that Bond is a psychotic murderer in the novels. In fact, he seems to get off on it. The Bond from the novels probably liked to strangle people more than f*cking sexy a** b*tches, but he's a man's man, so let's not go that far.**
*Apparently only nerds read now. What a sad day.
**What kind of person would like to kill more than f*ck? If you're one of those people, well I don't even have anything clever to say. Just go get yourself check, please?
To (exaggeratively) illustrate why I think Bale would actually be a good Bond, I need not go further than a quick google images search for him in the role of...
AMERICAN PSYCHO. Bale plays a psychotic murderer who also loves to f*ck sexy a** b*tches (see what I'm getting at?)
But I digress.
More importantly for the artsy film lovers out there, we don't want him involved with superhero movies anymore. He did his thing, just happened to make the best superhero movie ever, and now he's out, no biggie.
Think of it like George Lucas returning to the Star Wars franchise... oh god! Did I just compare the great Christopher Nolan to George Lucas? Yes I did, to a degree. But with respect. (Christopher Nolan, if you're reading this I'm so sorry). I don't think Nolan will ever make complete sh*t (or anything below a 75%*...maybe even 80% from now on on RT), like Lucas did after the original Star Wars/Indiana Jones movies, I'm just illustrating a point. (Did Lucas actually make any movies after these? I can't think of any.................................................. .................................................not one... or two... or three....................................). Nolan could go down in history as one of the best, but it would be unfair to say that about him now so early in his career (I can't help but think of M. Night Shamalylgdu (spelling?) when bringing this point up, "that's not a fair assessment, damm*t when is this guy gunna bring up a better comparison?" But Nolan will be making films for a very long time now, he's an established $$ maker, no one will turn him down, not unless he does what... you know who did**).
But seriously, he doesn't even have grey hair yet, come on, people!
*The Prestige has 76%, his lowest score on all 8 of his films.
**M. Night Shamalylgdu (spelling?)***
***I should probably look up how to spell his name correctly, "M. Night Shyamalan," boy I was WAY off!
Nolan's strength as a director/writer (we call these people "filmmakers") is going in depth and into the mind of a character (quite literally with Inception) and in the case of The Prestige, two minds, and exploring it.
His next movie, [Interstellar](movie:813746), will be the best film of 2014.
- It's directed by f***ing Christopher Nolan.
- He has incorporated his own story/touched up the script (Interstellar was not initially his to direct, it was Spielbergs).
- It's a sci-fi, space adventure, with a dystopian setting (sort of... the planet can no longer grow crops and set in the near future). Last movie I saw that took place in space and on an alien planet was [Prometheus](movie:40483) (technically on a moon of a planet, right? Also, I'm afraid my opinion on that film will divide my readers.... F*ck it, I loved it, minus the space penisworm and the whole running in the wrong direction thing).
- It's being released in November (the 7th, to be exact, to be even more exact: 12:01 am). But why would that make it better? It doesn't, but we can't forget the fact that November marks the beginning of what is commonly known as "Oscar season". This is when all the artsy films with hopes of winning prestigious Oscars debut their films, so the Academy remembers them best. One can't help but think that it was intentionally put there with the expectations of it being a critical success.
- A sci-fi film set for November, it's mimicking Avatar (which actually came out in December, but it's the same principle: release it before the Oscars), but what Avatar lacks is that thing called a story... and we call this story Interstellar. It could get close to the same box office of Inception (definitely not TDK(R)). (But what if it did?! THAT'D BE AWESOME. But back to my point...)
- Hmmm... I don't have any more points.... I just think people need to stop with the superhero thing now (except for [Batman vs. Superman](movie:711870), and the [Justice League](movie:401267), but OTHER THAN THAT NO MORE)
But, hey, I realize that Christopher Nolan has fan boys- but I'm a legit. fan, have been since Memento, when it first came out...on DVD...in 2001.
Nolan just wants to be a respectable filmmaker, while making huge movies that totally kick f*cking a**... but on like... a deeper level bro.*
*Just kidding I really hope no has had to hear that horrendously hilarious explanation of Inception from somebody super baked, seriously it's the funniest thing to witness.**
**It actually makes me want to punch those people in the face.