This is my response to an article on TheWrap.com by Greg Gilman entitled 'Godzilla: 5 Things Roland Emmerich's 1998 Version Did Better'. Gareth Edward's film may have its flaws-and my list of reasons may be more jocular than Mr. Gilman's-but I stand by my belief that the [Godzilla](movie:45291) of 2014 is the superior beast.
10. Gareth Edward's Godzilla never dry-humps the side of a building:
9. In Edward's Godzilla there is not an EPT test anywhere in sight.
8. When you watch Gareth Edward's Godzilla you never get the impression that you are watching a live-action [The Simpsons](series:200695) movie (Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer and Nancy Cartwright are all voice actors on the hit Fox animated series).
7. Three words: No Matthew Broderick.
6. My iguana Hannibal says in regard to Emmerich's 'Zilla: "My dad knew him when he was smaller. He says his name was Larry and that he was a dick."
5. Edwards' Godzilla actually gets to fight other monsters in his movie. Emmerich's 'Zilla played with helicopters and ate fish.
4. The final act of Gareth Edward's Godzilla doesn't rip off the velociraptor scenes from Jurassic Park.
3. Let's face it: Emmerich's 'Zilla dies like a little bitch.
2. Gareth Edwards' Godzilla actually looks like Godzilla:
Finally-the Number 1 reason why Gareth Edward's Godzilla is better than Roland Emmerich's 'Zilla:
Hey kids, it's [Breaking Bad](series:200567)'s Walter White!
But what do you think? Which was the better movie? Write in with your thoughts below!