John Green's insanely successful YA novel, The Fault In Our Stars, is finally getting its big screen moment and, apparently, it's already hitting people right in the feelings!
Not only did The Fault In Our Stars trailer became the most liked trailer on YouTube recently when it surpassed the One Direction: This Is Us trailer, author of the popular Young Adult novels Green also revealed that he cried every day on set during filming. And now, as if we needed any more reasons to get soppy, we've found this awesome compilation of the best Gus quotes from the book...
These quotes are the exact reason that the first time I finished the book, I slammed it down onto the counter of my library and yelled: "This was a horribly WONDERFUL book". Enjoy!
1. “I fear oblivion,” he said without a moment’s pause. “I fear it like the proverbial blind man who’s afraid of the dark.”
2. “Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
3. "My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations."
4. “I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
5. “If you don't live a life in service of a greater good, you've gotta at least die a death in service of a greater good, you know? And I fear that I won't get either a life or a death that means anything.”
6. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”
7. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.”
8. "You are going to live a good and long life filled with great and terrible moments that you cannot even imagine yet."
9. "The real heroes anyways aren’t the people doing things; the real heroes are the people NOTICING things, paying attention."
10. “Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always'.”
The Fault In Our Stars centers on Hazel Grace Lancaster (Woodley) and Augustus Waters (Elgort), two teenagers who survived cancer, who meet in a support group and fall in love. Both have a lot in common: they are kind of precocious, for instance, and both share a fascination with An Imperial Affliction, a novel dealing with cancer. It makes only sense that Augustus decides to take Hazel on a trip to Amsterdam, where the author of the novel lives. The objective of said voyage: to get answers to the big questions!
So, what's your favorite all-time quote from The Fault In Our Stars?
Favorite Fault In Our Stars quote?