According to The Daily SuperHero's insider, the scene is indeed a robbery and security cameras inside the store were used for the scene. During the convenient store robbery a sudden "flash of wind" is seen in the security camera footage and revealed to me as being a cameo tease for [The Flash](series:1068303).
It seems that a lot of people have a superhero source spying on the movie that's two years away. Yes, the overcrowded movie just got more crowded. This movie is going to fail, according to the angriest fans out there.
So, the description above says it all. Though the flash of wind could be anyone, the site was specifically told that it was the Flash, not Superman. There is no need for an actor or suit because they will use CGI.
It was also stated that only the security camera footage will be used in [Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice](movie:711870) for this sequence. In other words, it sounds like an Easter Egg tease for the Flash for his introduction in a potential Justice League movie.
Here is the convenience store for context.
Here are rumors for the scene from Batman-News:
- They were trying to find the right convenience store for a robbery scene.
- They wanted to film at the courthouse in Detroit at night, but because there would be loud weapons they ran into complications.
- There was talk about shutting down some train crossings.
- A helicopter was supposed to land on COBO Hall in Detroit. The production wanted to blow a hole in the roof. However, COBO said no. They had promised to repair it, but COBO still said no. They’ll be heading to Chicago, Illinois to shoot the scene with the helicopter and explosion.
- There was also mention of possibly using the Masonic Temple in Detroit.
Never confirmed or denied is the fact that the TV and cinematic universes are connected, but according to CosmicBookNews (unreliable source), the Flash/Green Lantern is actually a CW TV movie, but I'm 75% sure that that's wrong.
So...what do you think? Is this a nod toward the [Justice League](movie:401267)?