- It's all but been confirmed. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will play DC comics good guy powerhouse..... [Shazam](movie:738107)!! Johnson, has been dropping hints for awhile now but this one was the best one yet (watch video below) to finally peg what superhero role he will be playing in DC comics cinematic universe. As the Rock ends the interview with a ".........just say the word,"
- What better role then Shazam for The Rock to play. Shazam is an extremely powerful character in the comics and this seems to very much excite Dwayne. In his own words Rock tries to give more hints on his secret role....."He's as POWERFUL as Superman"!
- There were rumors that The Rock might even have played Shazam's main rival Black Adam in the new [Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice](movie:711870) movie. This would have made a great bad guy for the Justice league to come together to fight against. But It also makes much more sense to make The Rock a superhero, so Shazam it seems is the best route for DC comics and Dwayne.
- This might also mean Rock can play both Shazam AND the evil Black Adam since they do look very similar to one another. Two great super beings out of one great action actor would get DC it's money's worth! With SHAZAM being a member of the [Justice League](movie:401267) also it is pretty much a given that SHAZAM will be part of the Justice League movie DC wants to make.
- Who is Shazam you might be asking. Shazam is a story of a young boy who gains mystical powers because of the good and pureness of his heart. The young boy says three words.....SHAZAM SHAZAM SHAZAM!!! BOOM!! A bolt of lightning comes from the heavens to strike the boy and in a flash transformers him in the powerful being known as SHAZAM!! Someone who rivals Superman in strength and speed! Shazam is a good guy and member of the Justice League and the JSA!
- Question is now? When will the announcement be made official? Well with San Diego Comic Con just around the corner, it seems very likely that the "official" Rock as Shazam news will be dropped on the masses in Hall "H" to a very excited group of comic fans. Time will tell. But from the video posted in this article......I'm already a very PUMPED fan-boy!!