Who isn't waiting impatiently for the upcoming season of American Horror Story:Freak Show? Thankfully, the show's fans went crazy on Twitter live tweeting all of the information that was being doled out to them at the SDCC 2014 panel. While the panel was mostly focused on Coven, they did reveal some really awesome info about Freak Show.
- John Carroll Lynch of Fargo will play the new villain that Executive Producer Tim Minear promises will "scare the sh*t" out of viewers. Allegedly, he rivals Rubber Man when it comes to the creep factor.
- Season four will focus on the last American freak show, set in Jupiter, Fla., in the 1950s. As mandated by the laws of the universe, Jessica Lange will be in the lead role playing Elsa Mars, a German expat managing the Freakshow.
- Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters, among others, are also returning to the show as well as AHS newcomers Michael Chiklis (The Shield) Wes Bentley (The Hunger Games) and Finn Wittrock (The Normal Heart). Chiklis will be playing Bassett's husband and Bates' ex-husband. Sounds like we may get another epic showdown between these two divas!
- Minear has described the fourth season as "Douglas Serik meets the movie Zodiac." Creepy!
- The actors then went on to reveal their characters. Emma Roberts will play Maggie, Sarah Paulson is Siamese twins Bette and Dot, Michael Chiklis is Evan del Toreado, Angela Bassett is his wife Desiree Dupre, and Evan Peters will play del Toreado’s son Jimmy Darling.
- Paulson has said that her twin heads are not a prosthetic. She says, "There’s a mystery around what we’re doing and I want to keep it that way. Right now, a week in, Bette is my favorite character. It’s like Sybil. I should call Sally Field and get some tips.”
- Peters referred to series creator Ryan Murphy as a "visionary; he thinks of all these things and we have to figure out what he wants." Bates was quick to agree with this sentiment exclaiming, "That's the damn truth! It unnerves me a bit. The man behind the curtain has come out in front of the curtain. It's so lame. I must be nervous. After my first scene one week, I got home and couldn't go to sleep and then I slept for 30 hours-and that was without drugs. I swear to God, I think he scares the sh*t out of me!" (Remember, this is coming from an Academy Award winning actress.)
- When asked if there is a type of scene that they would choose to opt out of, Bates explained, "I wouldn't want to do any bad scene with children. If there was something abusive with children that was too horrific, that would be it for me."
- Newest cast member, Chiklis, stated, “I always wanted to work with him.” (Source;Deadline)
A photo of the show's set was shared with the audience as well.
Are you as wicked excited about American Horror Story:Freak Show as I am? Who's character are you most looking forward to?
For more SDCC 2014 coverage, check out our SDCC 2014 page.