With the upcoming film being directed by Scott Derrickson it's likely that we will be seeing a bit of horror in it. In case you don't know who he is, Scott Derrickson is a horror mastermind who usually creates films such as Sinister, the Exorcism of Emily Rose, and the upcoming film, Deliver us from Evil, which are all horror. With that in mind, you can see that by him directing the new [Doctor Strange](movie:559685) movie, which would already feature a bit of horror, it would become a lot more terrifying. Scott Derrickson is a critically acclaimed director so I trust him to make this a good and enjoyable film to watch. By the power being given to him, he could create a whole new type of superhero film genre which could work either way. I'm going to lay out my pros and cons of the sub-genre he could make.
- Scott Derrickson is an amazing director who has proven himself on a number of occasions, he knows how to direct and make a good, and sometimes extremely scary, film.
- He's worked on films similar to this as most of them have a dark and mysterious tone to them.
- He can add suspense to almost anything.
- If he pulls it off, then we could see a whole new film type that we've never seen before.
- Dark superhero movies have been made before such as the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy and Chronicle, (which is quite good if you haven't seen it)
- If the film has too much horror then it will not appeal to younger viewers meaning that it won't do as well.
- If the type of sub-genre ends up being a complete mess then Doctor Strange won't go down as the "Sorcerer Supreme"to many viewers who don't know him well
I've listed all the pros and cons I can think of. If you can think of any more, comment down below.