Horror fans have all heard of the most famous serial killers. Ed Gein, Countess Bathory, Jeffrey Dahmer and the rest have left a mark on the most horrifying movies.
But there are so many that even the most committed horror fan has never heard of. Read on to find out more about little-known serial killers who could turn the movie world upside down.
- D.O.B.: 1868
- Country: Spain
- M.O.: A kidnapper and pornographer, Marti abducted children for sex trafficking, killing them when they irritated her or threatened exposing her business.
Shocking Fact: Marti was also a Witch Doctor. She used parts of the children she killed to make unorthodox "remedies" to sell to the sick.
Empress Wu Zetian a.k.a. The Enchanting Empress
- D.O.B.: 625
- Country: China
- M.O.: A merciless ruler, Wu Zetian had countless rivals and dissenters tortured and murdered, preferring poisoning or boiling alive as methods of murder.
Shocking Fact: Zetian had her own infant daughter murdered.
Belle Gunness a.k.a. Hell's Belle
- D.O.B.: 1859
- Country: Norway
- M.O.: Poisoning, including two husbands and over a dozen children.
Shocking Fact: Gunness became very rich collecting the insurance money from people she murdered — and she was never caught. She withdrew all of her money and disappeared during her police investigation.
Ranavalona I a.k.a. The Mad Queen Of Madagascar
- D.O.B.: 1778
- Country: Madagascar
- M.O.: A warmongering tyrant, Ranavalona I created such a reign of terror over her subjects she earned many nicknames, including 'Ranavalona The Cruel', 'Wicked Queen' and 'Female Caligula'.
Shocking Fact: The Queen liked to subject peasants to "Tangena": They would be fed poison and tested to decide if they were guilty of crimes or not!
Ilse Koch a.k.a. The Bitch Of Buchenwald
- D.O.B.: 1906
- Country: Germany
- M.O.: Koch was an overseer at Buchenwald concentration camp during World War II. Even in a time of brutality and injustice, Koch was cruel; she would whip prisoners to death
Shocking Fact: Koch would sometimes have prisoners skinned and have disgusting souvenirs — such as book covers and lamp shades — made from their hides.